Sign in to follow this  
Khepri

Cannot shrink the white space in the navbar between menu items

Khepri

I went and validated at the place you always recommend and here is the code: .outline #texture, #primary-nav, #branding { letter-spacing : -10em !important ; } I was trying to get the letters in the header nav closer to fit more items. Please help me. Is there an alternative? I tried using the styling function in the admin but it does not seem to exist for the name nav bar. Or am I up way too early. Ckgmk.jpg I circled the area where there is too much white space. It wants to go to a second line. Am I missing something?

✔There is no perfect recipe for success! 
✔There is no failure, only feedback. 
✔There are no mistakes, only rainbow bridges to insights and wisdom. 

Kate

Hi JD, You can change (decrease) the padding of the anchor tags. Let us know if you need help with that.

Khepri

Yes, I was using firebug but those where the tags that came up. where can I find this snippet. I am all about learning but spinning my wheels...never been a fan. Help me please.

cmunns

Some css like so will help: ` .main_nav li a { padding: 10px 15px 4px; } `

Khepri

.main_nav li a { padding : 0 0 0 0; letter-spacing:-5em; } I put all zeros. I even added the 4th one to balance the declaration like a clock. I still don't see what I am missing. I validated and got "Congratulations! No Error Found."

Khepri

I listened to what you said and made the changes but nothing is happening for me. I validated: ul#menu-nav li a { padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; letter-spacing:-5em; } CSS and I are becoming "frenemies" do you have any suggestions?

Kate

Hey JD, Just took a look, and it seems you got it. Do you need any further help with this particular issue?

Khepri

#page-canvas #feature {margin:0;} .font2, .font-sub, ul.main-nav li a, #secondnav li a, .metabar, .subtext, .subhead, .widget-title, .post-comments, .reply a, .editpage, #pagination .wp-pagenavi, .post-edit-link, #wp-calendar caption, #wp-calendar thead th, .soapbox-links a, .fancybox, .standard-form .admin-links, #featurenav a, .pagelines-blink, .ftitle small { font-family: "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans","Lucida Sans Unicode",sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: -0.1em; text-transform: uppercase; } the code above works but I can't help but think that it i overkill. any suggestions for revisions?

catrina

Here's a revised version of the code:

#page-canvas #feature {margin:0;}
	.font2, .font-sub, ul.main-nav li a, #secondnav li a, .metabar, .subtext, .subhead, .widget-title, .post-comments, .reply a, .editpage, #pagination .wp-pagenavi, .post-edit-link, #wp-calendar caption, #wp-calendar thead th, .soapbox-links a, .fancybox, .standard-form .admin-links, #featurenav a, .pagelines-blink, .ftitle small {
	font-family: "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans","Lucida Sans Unicode",sans-serif;
	font-weight: bold;
	letter-spacing: -0.1em;
	text-transform: uppercase;}

You don't need font-style and font-variant styling if you're just keeping them as the default.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Khepri

That ROCKED THE HOUSE! Thank You CAT! I consider this Scooby-doo mystery solved!