Sign in to follow this  
snfdesigns

Pro and Buddypress

snfdesigns

Forgive for at best being naive. I am new to buddypress and plugins and chose platfrom pro for it ease and flexibiltiy. I buit the site designed the pages which included a forum page and blog. But I do not know how to make buddypress catgories show as links on my page. I have seen the tutorial and I am even more confused. My site is I really thought it was a case of designing the pages and adding the buddypress functions as shortcode. Please help.

timlinson
But I do not know how to make buddypress catgories show as links on my page.
I think they're just not automatically created, so you have to make a cusotm menu in Appearance > Menus. There was some confusion/discussion about it here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/9731#post-53868

snfdesigns

I understand the problem but still don't know how to solve. I love platformpro but this is really annoying me. Have i done anything wrong because i created my own navigaton and uploaded buddypress and bp template pack, activated them. i thought i would have an additional navbar with...groups,my page, activities etc. All that happens is I can modify Bp but cannot add it to my navbar. Please check out my site ....many thanks

snfdesigns

getting really confused...managed to upload and install buddypress and buddypress template but seem to have two sites? The first link is the buddypress site in platfrom pro and the second is my original site in platform pro. I just want to have the format of the second link with the buddypress nav

Kate

Hi Sandra, It looks like you accidentally posted the same link twice (in your last post). Anyhow, the two navs from your previous post look the same to me. Did you get this figured out? As for "two sites": BP is really just a subset of your current site, not a site of its own. From a quick glance, it looks like you setup everything properly.

snfdesigns

I thought there was a way I could say put the forum in a forum page I have set up and the blog page in a separate blog page..

cmunns

To set the blog page at a url of /blog you need to create a page actually named blog, then go to SETTINGS - READING and change to a static front page. For the forum it's different, just a matter of where you put bbPress...but don't get BuddyPress and bbPress confused