Sign in to follow this  
gsmcneal

PageLines PlatformPro Theme Causing Mars Edit 3 Errors

gsmcneal

I just updated to the PageLines Platform Pro theme. Prior to upgrading I consistently used MarsEdit to write and post to my blog. I never had a problem. After changing my theme to PlatformPro I can no longer use MarsEdit. Once I switch my theme to any other theme MarsEdit works again. I have already contacted MarsEdit support and this is their response: You are experiencing a PHP failure on the server side that is preventing the blog from responding completely to MarsEdit's request. The only way to figure out what is causing the problem is to examine your theme code to figure out what's going on with the theme to screw things up. It could be a situation where it's causing your WordPress installation to exceed its memory limits. I have no idea how to examine the theme code to figure this out. Can someone please assist me!?!

gsmcneal

Hi Catrina, I'm using version 3.1.3.

Kate

Hey Gregory, Another suggestion is to get in touch with your hosting company. They can let you know if any files are causing memory issues.

gsmcneal

All, I just want you to know that I contacted MarsEdit RedSweater support and they worked with me one on one and developed a Beta version of MarsEdit that works with PlatformPro. They analyzed the code and found out that it is some kind of problem on the PlatformPro end, but b/c I couldn't get it resolved by PageLines RedSweater was able to make a work around. Very happy with the results now and everything is working great.

Simon

Well, glad they fixed it. Of course we would have changed whatever needed fixing if they had asked.