Sign in to follow this  
airfoil

Export/Import backup settings for iBlogPro

airfoil

Can someone from PageLines propose/recommend a process for simply exporting and importing just the settings backup information? I need to duplicate an iBlogPro installation onto a subsite in a multisite environment. I copied ALL tables, including the wp_options table (which seems to contain the backup info) and imported them (renamed to wp_x_tablename) and while the content is all there, the settings for iBlogPro revert to the default. Just looking for a way to export and import the theme options and feature settings.

airfoil

FWIW: The issue was that the options table contains a column (for multisite installations) with the blog/site id. So in addition to manually editing the SQL to reflect the new table name (wp_options > wp_x_options) and URL where appropriate, every row in the SQL also needed to be changed so that the second value which held the blog/site ID needed to be changed. Example - assuming the new site ID is '7': (1, 1, 'siteurl', 'http://mysite.com', 'yes'), becomes... (1, 7, 'siteurl', 'http://subsite.mysite.com', 'yes'), Note the second value changed from a '1' to a '7'. I think Platform Pro allows for simple exporting of settings. It would be great to see a similar feature included with other PageLines products. This will likely be a moot issue once the other products are made available as child themes, but still...

catrina

I'll submit a ticket (basically, just a "feature request") for this :).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse