Sign in to follow this  
puntNL

Where can I find standard image sizes?

puntNL

As a new platformpro user, I gathered a couple of questions, hope you can help me out with these. 1. When I want to upload an image in the header of platformpro I read: - Upload custom header image - Upload custom logo and at 'side header template sections' menu I read: - Site branding Isn't this all the same?, why is it called different? 2. When I want to upload a custom header image in full width mode with canvas I can't find the max width of the imageheader space on the canvas. Where can I find the exact or max dimensions (pixels X pixels) of image elements for header branding? When I want to change the image from full width design mode with canvas in fixed width framework mode then it appaers too be to large.. So what are the max dimensions for images in different site design modes, or for elements like features and boxes? When adding images in Media, what minimum size should I upload at least?

Kate

Hi WJ, 1) No, they're actually separate. The logo is a part of the branding section. 2) Not quite sure I completely understand the question. But, if you're using a tool like Firebug, you can easily get the dimensions of different elements.

puntNL

Thank you Kate, I think I get it concerning the branding section. Concerning Q#2 , I make one image to be used in the brandingsection. As you can only upload this without controlling the exact location within the branding area, I want to use the max size. As far as I could measure this are the width measures (hights are offcourse variabel) Full width design mode with canvas: 945 pixels fixed width framework: 930 pixels Right? But what to do with the image sizes for features, boxes etc, Do I need to use a capture tool like 'Snagit' all the time? :-s

cmunns

The box icons can be changed on the fly via page meta options. The default width for feature images is 960px for thos big background ones otherwise it's just your preference for how wide when using the feature media. Also, for the branding section it may not line up as you wish bc there is padding you may have to remove first. What is your link?

puntNL

Thank you Adam, I've noticed the box meta options; clear. concerning the feature settings, I quess 960 is also the maximum width that can be used? I'm a little dissapointed to discover that it is not possible to allign or set the exact location of my logo image within the branding area. I found out that 945 pixels is the maximum width instead of 960 pix for an exact allignment with the content section. Concerning the 'padding' : I will email you my link because I dont want to publish my url yet.

cmunns

you don't need to email just add this css; `#branding .content-pad {padding:0px;}`

puntNL

Can I simply add the code of adam underneath the code that is allready there in my base theme settings->custom code->Custom CSS-> css rules ?

puntNL

OK I did that like this: 2uiPz.png BTW; Did you receive my mail concerning the section line, Kate?

Kate

Yep... Just answered that in the other thread ;)

puntNL

Unfortunately not, see my reaction in that thread.,

Kate

Hey WJ, Never got a second e-mail... sorry. Your first one actually had gotten filtered out as well, so... not sure. For the CSS, please try this:

#branding .content-pad {padding:0px !important;}

puntNL

Will try this code as well Kate. (My email concered the other topic/ thread http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/10064 ) but i think I can handle that also now. This PP rookie is gonna close this thread and thank you all for helping me out so far!