Sign in to follow this  
jdbrasesco

Add AddToAny plugin into the post-footer

jdbrasesco

Hi, I want to add the AddToAny or AddThis plugin to the post-footer instead of the post footer sharing icons included with the theme. Sample URL I want this: http://hungryitalian.com/blog/wp-content/images/post-footer-help.png I found the following code in Firebug:

.post-footer {
	    background: url("../images/box-bgr2.gif") repeat-x scroll center top #EEEEEE;
	    height: 42px;
	    padding: 0 18px;

I'm a rookie and don't know what to do next. Thanks, J.D.

Keith Vaugh

Was about to ask the very same question for addthis myself.

Kate

Hi Guys, You can simply choose to not use (or even "hide") the default sharing icons. Then, install the "AddThis" plugin and it will show their share button by default at the bottom of the posts. Hopefully that's clear. Let us know if you have any further questions.

jdbrasesco

I want the AddToAny or AddThis to be in the post-footer specifically, not just at the bottom if the post. Thanks, J.D.

cmunns

In iBlogPro you would have add the Addit code to the _post_footer.php file directly.

jdbrasesco

Thanks Adam. That worked. It's in there, but it's aligned poorly. Can you advise how I get it aligned properly? I'd like it right justified horizontally and centered in the post-footer vertically.

jdbrasesco

OK. I figured out the

<div class="right"></div>

. It's working in Firefox and IE, but breaking into two lines in Safari and Chrome. Any suggestions? I also have not been able to figure out how to center it vertically in the post-footer. Thanks, J.D.

timlinson

Instead of using `class="right"`, I would just use `class="addit"`. Then you can set the float and width of the addit class in theme options > custom code > custom css.