Sign in to follow this  
magnify

Resizing Typeface with Custom CSS

magnify

Hi Catrina, Jimmy, Tim etc! I am having issues with setting typeface size for different parts of the site. The advice I have received so far has not been consistent and has not worked. Could you please list the identity/snippet codes for changing the typeface size of the following areas (see: http://magnuskahler.com/): - the text in the top navigation - the post header (I tried it but then the size of the heading only changed on the single post page and not on the 'home' page) - the text underneath the post title (date etc) - the post body copy - the widget headers in the sidebars to the right - the widget text/links in the sidebars to the right (- why does the text size inside the twitter widget change when I change the size of the post body copy?) - the text in the 'MoreFoot' widget areas (when I used code that was supposed to adjust the size of the widget headers, then the only thing that was adjusted was in the 'MoreFoot' area, not in the primary and secondary sidebar) - the text in the footer sidebars This may seem like a lot to ask, but it would be fantastic to get this listed and sorted out, and then stored somewhere as part of an overall FAQ. Being able to easily set the typeface size, one would hope will be integrated in a future release of the PageLines framework. Thanks in advance! :-) Best, Magnus.

magnify

I am using the built-in font tool in PlatformPro, but it doesn't include a feature on setting the size. Instead, it has to be managed via additional code in the CSS section. Not knowing coding, it would be very helpful if I could get a list of the code snippets to use for changing the font size in different sections of my site, according to my needs outlined in my first message. Thanks in advance! M. PS It would be excellent if font size could be included in the next version of the built-in font tool.

cmunns

Well it looks like you did add some custom css to make all the body copy 12px. I do believe font size options will be coming soon.

magnify

I have added some code, but it's not tight since I can't steer all parts of the site. In terms of typefaces and the built-in Typography tool under PlatformPro settings, do you know how additional typefaces should be separated when inputted into the "Additional Selectors" field? Comma-separated, via line-break etc? E.g. if I choose Helvetica as the typeface, and want to add the alternative typefaces Arial and Verdana. I know what the code for it looks like, but wasn't sure whether there could be a conflict with the Typography tool when choosing Google Web Fonts so wish to solve it all inside the tool. Thanks in advance.

catrina

I'm quite sure the only elements allowed in that text field are selectors. Otherwise, the code would break.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

magnify

What are 'selectors'? You mean that I write like this (with line breaks between the alternative typefaces)?: Helvetica Arial Verdana

cmunns

What is the code you've written?