Sign in to follow this  
jayswat

Setting Static Homepage Cause Redirect Error

jayswat

I created a new page on recently created site. I went to the READING section and set the page I wanted to be the static homepage. When I load the homepage I get this Error: The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. I have never run into this issue before. Any suggestions? http://airconditioninghoustonhvac.com/

catrina

I've never seen this issue before either, but if it's something related to Firefox, you should try clearing your cookies by going to Tools > Options > Privacy > Show cookies > Remove All Cookies.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jayswat

Tried that but no change. Also tried Safari and still the same issue.

catrina

Do you have any plugins? If so, try deactivating those and testing the site again.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon

This could be caused by an incorrect .htaccess file. Try changing your permalins then change them back, this will force wp to rebuild the file.

jayswat

Damn Catrina is right again. That's so embarrassing that the same thing that fixed my last problem fixed this one as well. There was one plugin that got activated that was causing the problem. I'm going to start trouble shooting with Disabling plugins from now on before I post in here. Thanks for your help guys.