Sign in to follow this  
derua

How can I delete the sidebar?

derua

Hi guys, I've just bought WhiteHousePro. I wondering if actually there's the possibility to delete the sidebar from the "feature page", leaving the rest of the page intact. I would a "full-width page" with the feature. Thanks, Fabio

catrina

If there are any widgets in your sidebar at the moment, you should remove them. Hiding the sidebar when it's empty in the Sidebar Options doesn't get rid of it, so you'll need to widen the main content using this CSS:

#maincontent {width: 958px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

If there are any other adjustments that need to be made as a result of the width changing, let me know (especially if you're displaying posts on the main page).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

premierofvictoria

I too am wanting to display a feature page for the homepage of the site with just the page content. I've hidden the sidebar when empty and added the css above to the custom code but the footer of the page looks a bit strange still. It looks like there's a grey rectangle, a white rectangle and then another grey rectangle across the bottom of the main content area. Is there any way to get rid of this completely - I'm not averse to editing the PHP and creating a custom page template if I have to, but the php pages for these template pages are pretty sparse so I don't know where the real heavy lifting is going on.