Sign in to follow this  
jane_l

Editing the comment form

jane_l

I am using Platform Base (child theme of Platform Pro) and am using the Subscribe to Comment plugin. The checkbox to subscribe to comments is not working and inline comment checkbox solutions also havent worked. I would like to move the subscribe to comment plugin call but the instructions say go to the theme editor inside Wordpress' admin interface, choose comments.php and around line 50 you should see <p><textarea name="comment" id="comment"></textarea></p> Right after that, add the PHP code wrapped inside a paragraph: <p> <?php if (function_exists('subscribe_reloaded_show')) subscribe_reloaded_show(); ?> </p> There is no such function in the comments.php file but I thought perhaps it called to the comment form (at the end of the comments.php file). How do I make this change? Thanks.

catrina

When I check the box, it is working, but I do not see the "Subscribe Button" If you have any other plugins, you should deactivate those one by one first to see if any of them is causing the Subscribe plugin to not work.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jane_l

The plugin works fine. It's the placement of the checkbox that I am struggling with. The checkbox is either totally covered or it's misplaced. Frex: Screen-shot-2011-05-24-at-7.30.41-PM.png I figured that an easy way around this would be to move the php function call away from the "POST COMMENT" button. Unfortunately, I cannot find the comment form code and thus am not clear on where to insert the new php function call. The plugin works and is not conflicting with other plugins. It's a CSS issue but one not resolved here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/8723

catrina

Ah, I misunderstood the plugin. I assumed there would be a "subscribe" button for it, but there isn't, so ignore what I said about it not appearing. You can just use custom CSS to move it. What CSS have you tried already?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jane_l

I tried

input.checkbox{width: 25px; margin-bottom: -19px; margin-left: -25px; margin-bottom: -18px;} p#gasp_p {clear: both; padding-top: 10px;}
and #gasp_checkbox {float:left;} as suggested in the above linked thread. It appears this person is having problems with inline checkboxes as well. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/9852

catrina

Try this CSS:

input.subscribe_class {margin-top: 50px; margin-left: -1px;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jane_l

That moves everything down. Screen-shot-2011-06-04-at-1.30.36-PM.png This code has the same results. The checkbox is still not inline with either CSS but it's workable. Thanks.

#commentform input { clear: both;    display: block;   margin-bottom: 20px;   padding: 5px; }

jane_l

Sure, this is what it looks like using the Twenty Ten theme from wordpress Screen-shot-2011-06-04-at-1.34.05-PM.png

catrina

The code for it shows that the checkbox isn't separate from the text, so I'm not sure if the text can be bumped up to the same line without the checkbox moving, too.

Designer | Catrina Dulay