Sign in to follow this  
jrwiese

Problems getting a sidebar no buddypress pages

jrwiese

Hi all. These forums are great. I've spent more than my fair share of time over the last week retheming my site. I'm having some problems getting a sidebar to show on any of my buddypress pages (especially member profile pages, like mine). I installed the BP Sidebar widget, which I assume gives me control over what buddypress pages get widgets once any of them start. I have the five default buddypress sidebar options on my widget page. But none of them work. According to the widget instructions, "Buddypress by default has a sidebar named "Sidebar" that displays on all pages." I haven't been able to find this on my widget page, which is perhaps my problem. Any thoughts on how to fix it? Other than no sidebar, buddypress seems to be working great. Thanks in advance... in case you're willing to try and help.

jrwiese

Actually, a little more digging into the code and it turns out the sidebar was on the page. The default sidebar on the widgets page for Buddypress is Primary Sidebar. Didn't expect that. And I had to add a little CSS to make things similar to the rest of my site. Here's what I added to the CSS in my child theme page (pagelinesbase).

div.one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page #content {
	    float: left;
	    width: 655px;
	}

div.one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page div.scolumn-pad {
		padding: 0 0.7em;
	}

I hope that helps somebody out.

jbrouwer

Hi, it partially seems to work. The bp content pages are now in line with the other pages. However, the widgets are still under the bp content pages. Do you know how I can align them on the top? Thx!

jbrouwer

Padding of bp-page content was set too high which forces the widgets to the bottom. Adding following code in base stylesheet did the trick: #buddypress-page #content {padding-right: 15px;}