Sign in to follow this  
zhonghao

cant load pictures into Boxes

zhonghao

I can not load a picture into the Boxes. I have checked and double checked the sizes in pixels for the global sizes and on the specific page (default page). I have also tried disabling my plugins and then have deleted and reinstalled PlatformPro. Nothing seems to work ! You can see an example at www.bodyworksasia.cn/healthworks. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is now 2 days and driving me insane ! Thanks and regards

catrina

How are you adding the images to Boxes? Are you uploading them using the PageLines PlatformBox Options or inserting them inside the editor box?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

zhonghao

Hi Catrina - thanks for your response. I am trying to use the Pagelines PlatformBox Options. For your reference I can load images via the Wordpress-Media-Add New from the dashboard without any problems.

zhonghao

oh and just realised - there is no example there on the webpage at present as I took all the banners, features and boxes out of the templates under the theme settings as I can not upload any image whatsoever for these. The theme is 1.5 so the bug which was highlighted in the forum before should have been fixed. Also if I do try to upload and press 'Save Meta Settings' - the page doesn't refresh correctly and freezes with a big grey box covering half the screen.

kastelic

Can you post screenshots of the errors and also the settings you have for the boxes?

zhonghao

ok I uninstalled everything ! The Theme, Wordpress and my database ! Started from scratch. Brand new Wordpress (3.1.3) and the PlatformPro Theme only - nothing else. Uploaded a header in global options without a problem. Set up the boxes and put the Boxes in the default Page Template. Still can not upload an image as can be seen by the 3 screenshots where I tried to replace the original picture on one of the 3 Boxes. Interestingly the alignment is ok at the moment and the grey box has not returned yet.Also I cleared my browser cache and deleted ALL cookies. The Box settings are for 3 columns, max number of 3 and the original default setting of 64 pixels per box. My images are saved as 50 x 50 pixels both .jpg and .png Have not tried the features and/or Banners yet - getting VERY frustrated ! hzdpb

zhonghao

Can anyone point me to an address contact for someone at PageLines that I can request a refund please ? I understand that a free theme would have some glitches or limited options but to pay 95$ for something that doesn't work is rather annoying. I also understand that people are busy but given the nature of the product and target market the technical support is very lacking .

zhonghao

thank you Catrina - You know I just thought I'd give it one more go after calming down somewhat. I revisited the link for my download and downloaded the theme again and this time placed it in the directory via ftp and guess what - it now works ! Hallelujah !