Sign in to follow this  
urban

Horizontal navigation in PlatformPro

urban

Hi I'm wondering if it's possible to have a Horizontal navigation like this site?link my site are not up and running yet homepage

Kate

Hi Rune, With some custom CSS, that's definitely possible.

urban

great is there anyone who can help me with this or give me some tips? have searched around on Google and Pagelines, but can't find anything on this.

cmunns

Hey Rune, it's a matter of getting comfortable with CSS. It also depends on which navigation you are using, custom menu or default page hierarchy.

urban

ok i'm using default page. PlatformPro 1.5.0 dev. + PlatformBase 1.4.1 Are totally new to css

catrina

If you're using a default menu, we can help you re-create that appearance you're looking for. Do you want your menu to be exactly like the menu in the site you posted? (rounded corners around each menu item, extra spacing, etc.)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

urban

yes, it would be very nice

catrina

Here's CSS you can use to get the spacing between the menu item:

ul#menu-nav li.page_item {margin-right: 5px;}
You can add this CSS to Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules (below
body{}

) then save the options. Let me know if it appears the way you want it. In the future, you can also use Firebug to perform CSS customizations: http://getfirebug.com/ (a tutorial on how to use it is here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/customization#101)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

urban

Hi Catrina nothing happend

kastelic
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp It is important to note the cascading heirarchy of CSS here. If you are not using a specific enough rule, it won't override. To get around this try preceding your rule with
body
or placing
!important

after the rule.

urban

Hi have been reading css and trying out different codes, but have some problems that i hope Pagelines can help me with. - my drop down arent working, firebug shows 4 jquery error - how can i get page items text with drop down to be "red" like this: a class="artists" style="color:red !important;" href="#">Artists element.style {color: red !important;} - have tried with custom menu, but then rounded corners around each menu item aren't working. - when i hover over every page items rounded corners disappears, is there a code that make this steady even when i hover over? Username: demo Password: pagelines http://www.starone.no/wp-login.php

Kate

Hi Rune, For the JS issue, have you tried deactivating your plugins? For the CSS: you'd have to actually specify which element, instead of "element.style". For instance:

.ul.main-nav li a{color:red !important;}

Also, note that you don't always have to use the !important declaration. But, you can try it when whichever declaration you're using isn't working (which could be for a number of reasons).

urban

Hi Kate i have only one plugin right now have deactivating it, but that didnt help. how can i get that on my "Artist" page, but not on "Home" want to mark page with drop down

cmunns

The css should be `ul.main-nav li a{color:red !important;}` (no dot in front) What are you wanting on the artist page and not on home?..every page has a unique ID that you can use with css or if it's the home page you can use this `.home ul.main-nav li a{color:red !important;}`

urban

have tried both main-nav and menu-nav, none of them worked

catrina

Try adding it to the base.css file in the child theme if you've already tried adding it to the Custom Code area in settings.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

urban

cant find base.css in editor only: style.css, template.override.php, setup.php, advanced.php, functions.php, and page.base.php

Kate

Hi Rune, If you've installed platformbase (which it appears you have), it should appear near the bottom of the right column of the editor. You could also edit it via FTP (or through a control panel if you're on a server).

urban

PlatformPro 1.5.0 and PlatformBase 1.4.1 have uninstalled Platform and wordpress several times but nothing works. errors occurs when i install Platform. site is open so you can take a look. no base.css at the right column in editor, can not find it in the original zip file rather Username: demo Password: pagelines http://www.starone.no/wp-login.php

timlinson

platformbase/base.css is deprecated in 1.5 in favor of platformbase/style.css

urban

not base.css but style.css is there. still have problems with jquery and 4 errors. no plugin on wordpress, just plain PlatformPro 1.5.0 and PlatformBase 1.4.1

catrina

The base.css file is style.css (sorry for the confusion), so that is where you can also add CSS styling.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

urban

thanks Caterina searched the forum and found out that base.css was replaced with style.css. must find out why I get the error, default Page Lines gives me 4 jQuery error