Sign in to follow this  
coran

problem updating baner,boxes and feature

coran

here is a funny one... for some strange reason i can`t update any change that im trying to make for the banners, boxes and feature. the pages and the post are going without a problem. the site http://yurtime.co.il was just lunched and im trying to show my customers how to run it but it keep coming back to this... is not looking good. running platform pro with platform base. i would really appreciate the help much thnxxx

coran

hi Tim thnxx for the reply sadly it didnt work ... i`v tried both ways- reinstalling the theme all together and editing the /admin/class.options.metapanel.php file but with no change ran

Kate

Hi Ran, Do you have any plugins currently installed? If so, would you please try deactivating those? If the problem disappears, then you can try reactivating them one by one to find the culprit.

zhonghao

Hi - I downloaded PlatformPro 1.5 2 days ago and I can not upload to Banners, Boxes or Features either. I bought Platform pro explicitly for these features so it is frustrating that they don't work and there are no solutions on this forum other than the bug suggested by Tim which I have tried - however the line 94 reads - foreach($this->tabs as $tab => $t){ - so have no idea what this is and don't want to touch it ! I have reinstalled the theme 3 times, deactivated all plug-ins but still get the problem - also when I try to upload an image and save the meta data part the screen freezes and I get a big grey box across most of the screen. I have posted my own questions on this forum but still waiting for an answer.

Simon

Richard, can you upload images using the normal wordpress media screen? Platform uses the exact same API.

zhonghao

Hi Simon - thanks so much for response - Yes I just tried Dashboard - Media - add new and I can upload an image no problem

Simon

Yes that section of code is different and only applies to 1.5.0 that was downloaded on the day of release. The archive was changed with the fix included a few hours later. Can you post a screenshot of this 'grey box' you get?

zhonghao

heres the 'grey box' - interestingly I now had to try to upload a file 3 times before 'the box arrived...'02O4o

Simon

Ok yes it is a big grey box alright. Can you please try disabling all your other plugins first. I see you have buddypress and a post order plugin there.

zhonghao

like I said - I already did all this - spent 2 days disabling /deleting and reinstalling one by one..........

zhonghao

also sorry to say it but I'm in Shanghai China and its 1:16 in the morning with a full day ahead of me tomorrow so gonna have to get some sleep soon..... any solutions or things to try for me tomorrow would be really appreciated.

Simon

No, i mean disabling all of them all at the same time. There is obviously a javascript/ajax clash between platform and one of your plugins. We dont know which one it is.

zhonghao

also one more thing - the alignment of the Boxes is not in a line for instance - I'll get 'Box A' placed above 'Box B' and 'Box C' will be placed next to 'Box B'. The whole thing is rather messy really.... - I tried using the different Layouts but nothing changed ...... don't know if this is connected ?

zhonghao

Yeah like I said I have tried that. I completely started from scratch - No plugins - just Platform Pro and nothing else - it still happened. I also tried checking the 'disable ajax' in Misc Settings as suggested in one post.

Simon

Well if no plugins are installed it narrows it to a server issue or browser related issue. have you tried more than one browser with a cleared cache?

zhonghao

anyway - will try all this again tomorrow and let you know what happens - will also uninstall Wordpress first and start from scratch - better not be BuddyPress as that's the first reason I found PlatformPro ! Cheers

zhonghao

ok I uninstalled everything ! The Theme, Wordpress and my database ! Started from scratch. Brand new Wordpress (3.1.3) and the PlatformPro Theme only - nothing else. Uploaded a header in global options without a problem. Set up the boxes and put the Boxes in the default Page Template. Still can not upload an image as can be seen by the 3 screenshots where I tried to replace the original picture on one of the 3 Boxes. Interestingly the alignment is ok at the moment and the grey box has not returned yet.Also I cleared my browser cache and deleted ALL cookies. have not tried the features and/or Banners yet - getting VERY frustrated ! hzdpb

zhonghao

The Box settings are for 3 columns, max number of 3 and the original default setting of 64 pixels per box. My images are saved as 50 x 50 pixels both .jpg and .png

zhonghao

Can anyone point me to an address contact for someone at PageLines that I can request a refund please ? I understand that a free theme would have some glitches or limited options but to pay 95$ for something that doesn't work is rather annoying. I also understand that people are busy but given the nature of the product and target market the technical support is very lacking .

coran

Hi Kate. im happy to say that its working now,Mysteriously its working even i reactivated all the plugins that i turned off. a bit strange but its good for now... i will let u know if it comes back and what is the problematic plugin. much thnxx ran

zhonghao

Simon - You know I just thought I'd give it one more go after calming down somewhat. I revisited the link for my download and downloaded the theme again and this time placed it in the directory via ftp and guess what - it now works ! Hallelujah !Doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting a different result does work !