Sign in to follow this  
maxquinn

Site Shifted Right Feature Size Issue

maxquinn

Hi, I have three problems with my new portfolio (see it at http://www.maxjquinn.com/wordpress) 1) The site has suddenly moved right, so appears off center, any ideas what could have caused this and how to fix it? 2) On the About page, I'd like to change the features to 250px high. I've adapted the code below from a different thread, but copying it into the Custom CSS does nothing. I saw someone suggest elsewhere putting it in the base.css file instead, but I can't actually find this file. Where is it? .page-id-33 #feature-area, .page-id-33 .feature-wrap, .page-id-33 #feature_slider .fmedia, .page-id-33 #feature_slider .fcontent, .page-id-33 #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, .page-id-33 #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, .page-id-33 #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 250px; } 3) The black space on the right of the site, causing a horizontal scroll bar to appear. How can I get rid of this? Cheers! Max.

catrina
1) The site has suddenly moved right, so appears off center, any ideas what could have caused this and how to fix it?
Did you upgrade your theme or make any changes with custom CSS?
2) On the About page, I'd like to change the features to 250px high. I've adapted the code below from a different thread, but copying it into the Custom CSS does nothing. I saw someone suggest elsewhere putting it in the base.css file instead, but I can't actually find this file. Where is it?
You need to make sure that you've enabled PlatformBase, the child theme. This is where the base.css file is located (which you can find when you go to Appearance > Editor).
3) The black space on the right of the site, causing a horizontal scroll bar to appear. How can I get rid of this?
This probably has to do with the right-side positioning of your layout (a CSS-related issue, as well). What other custom CSS do you have?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

maxquinn

Hi Catrina, thanks! 1) The only custom code I've done is in the 'Custom CSS' box and reads as follows: body{} #header #branding .content-pad {padding: 0px;} #feature {margin-top: 0px;} #nav_row {margin-top: -46px; margin-left: 400px; margin-bottom: 0px;} #site .content, .wcontent, #primary-nav ul.main-nav.nosearch { width: 960px!important; } The last bit I added in once this issue came about, as otherwise the sit became smaller when it shifted right due to still having the same cut off on the right edge. 2) I've installed base, but still when in the code editor still see no base.css file? Only style.css?

maxquinn

I just managed to sort out the site alignment issue. The content width in the 'Layout Editor' had changed to 800 for some reason. So just the black space and feature issues now :)

Kate

Hi Max, For the black space: I'm not 100% sure where it's coming from, but adding this to your custom CSS should take care of it:

body{overflow-x:hidden;}

For the feature: Adding the code you have above worked for me (in FireBug). Just add it to the end of your Custom CSS. Save it and refresh the page, and you should be good to go ;)

maxquinn

Ah yer that sorted the black space (well, it's still there but the scrollbars gone so you can only see it if I use my mac trackpad to two finger scroll across- good enough!) The code worked this time as well :S No idea why it wasn't working before, as I literally copied that exact code out of my Custom CSS box into this thread :S Thanks very much! One more thing if you don't mind. All of the main content (you can see it particularly on the about page), isn't stretching across the whole page, only about 330px from the left. Any ideas what that could be? Cheers again.

cmunns

Edit that page and set the page meta layout to full-width.