Sign in to follow this  
klaptrap

Custom header - like that at the top of this page

klaptrap

How do I achieve the header at the top of this page - i.e. smaller height and the illusion of full width?

Kate

Hi Jonathan, Some custom CSS could take care of that for you. Are you using Firebug? I think that would be a good tool for you to pinpoint the elements and to see what CSS is currently in use for them.

cshoffmann

You should try going to the Platform Pro>Settings>Template Setup>Site Header and remove the branding and nav sections and then drag the brandnav section in and save. Then, the logo size you upload will determine the default height of the #header or #branding area. Once you have done that, follow Kate's advice of using firebug or my favorite is to use google chrome's right click inspect element tool to identify try css mods. Once you have it like you want it cut and paste that css into the custom code section of Platform Pro>Settings>Custom Code.

klaptrap

Thanks. yes, I do use Firebug and like yourself prefer to use Chrome, but your guidance to the initial template changes will help me tremendously.