Sign in to follow this  
mtantow

Deinstall bbpress

mtantow

Hi, What's the safest way to de-install bbpress? Thanks! Martin

catrina

You can just delete the forum sub-folder from your theme folder (not anything else) and then delete the bb tables (not the wp_tables) in the database.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mtantow

Hi Catrina, Do you mean the whole folder /forum that I have on my root? If not, please specify the path. Can you help me with the database: how do I delete the bb tables? Sorry, my coding skills are very low. Thanks, Martin

catrina

Yes, it is that folder. Also, on your hosting provider dashboard, do you have phpMyAdmin?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mtantow

Yes, I do, but I never used it.

catrina

If you go to phpMyAdmin, there should be a list of databases on the left side. Do you see it?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mtantow

I am trying to login to phpMyAdmin, changed the PW, now the whole site is down :-( Any ideas what happened?

mtantow

The one of the SQL database in GoDaddy

catrina

Did phpMyAdmin ask you to enter a password or was it a different SQL database manager?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mtantow

phpMyAdmin asked me to enter a PW, however I didn't know the PW anymore. I tried a couple of times but wasn't able to login. Below it says: Forgot Password? You may reset your database password in the Hosting Control Center. So I went to the mySQL DB itself and changed the PW there. That's all I did.

mtantow

Yes. I realize it says: NOTE: If you use a MySQL-based application, such as WordPress?®, you must update your connection strings to use the new password. Is that the problem? However I can't login to my Wordpress account anymore since the site is down.

catrina

That note basically means that since you changed your MySQL database password, you need to change the password in the wp-config.php file, too. You do not need to log into your WordPress dashboard to access it. The file is located in your theme folder files (THEMENAME > wp-config.php). Once you find it, open it and inside, you'll see something like this:

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
	/** The name of the database for WordPress */
	define('DB_NAME', 'stationpro');

/** MySQL database username */
	define('DB_USER', 'root');

/** MySQL database password */
	define('DB_PASSWORD', 'root');

/** MySQL hostname */
	define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');
Let me know when you're there. (Ignore that it says
stationpro

for the DB name - this is just an example to show you)

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mtantow

Yes, I'm here. So I just need to change the PW here?

catrina

The password you set is the password that needs to go here:

define('DB_PASSWORD', 'root');

Replace "root" with your new password (don't change anything else) and then save the file. Refresh your website and it should be up and running again. ("root" is actually the password you needed to enter when phpMyAdmin asked for it in the beginning)

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mtantow

Wow. Now it works. Thanks so much. You saved my day. Well, now I'm in the phpMyAdmin.

catrina

Okay, do you see a list of database tables? Specifically, bb tables?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mtantow

On the left side it has a list of 52 items listed under the SQL ID which can be expanded.

mtantow

But I don't see the bb tables. However I deleted the plugin on WP already. Does that have to do with it?

catrina

Hm, they should still remain there even if the forum folder was deleted, but if the forum folder isn't there anymore, than that should suffice. I don't think you need to do anything else.

Designer | Catrina Dulay