Sign in to follow this  
powerprinsesse

I can't log in to admin page

powerprinsesse

Hi there. In order to direct my readers enter a sub-page when they go to my site, I changed the wordpress-url in "general settings" from www.theartofbeingarealwoman.com to http://theartofbeingarealwoman.com/?page_id=4 (the subpage I wanted them to see first) However, that did't work and now the page looks really strange and I can't even log in. Can somebody help me out of this mess? Thanks very much

catrina

You'll need to back-up your theme (with all of your changes made) and re-install. Once you've done that, instead of going to General Settings to change the homepage to the subpage you want, go to Settings > Reading > Select "A static page" and select from the "Front page" dropdown menu the subpage you want people to see first. Save the options. By going to General Settings and changing your homepage URL to the subpage URL, you're not setting the subpage as the front page, you're just changing the homepage link completely and that's why you can't log in (it's because the home page link isn't the same as it was before). :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

powerprinsesse

Thanks Catrina - but how do I back-up my theme, when I cant even log in to the back-end?

powerprinsesse

Thanks for being so helpful, Simon - my host is https://www.unoeuro.com/ - and I'm not exactly sure what a "cpanel type hosting account" is.

catrina

When you log into your hosting account, there should be a cPanel somewhere in dashboard/settings. That is where the database can be adjusted.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse