Sign in to follow this  
JohnMagic

iBlog Pro - templates editing - documentation

JohnMagic

Hi. I had a look at the template system to do some small fixes and customizations, but the template system is a nested system, and its not straight forward to do normal template adjustments, and to make new customized templates for pages. Is the template structure documented anywhere ? What would you recommend as best practices when editing and making custom page templates ?

kastelic

I would just copy for example page-fullwidth.php and change the name and then copy template_fullwidth.php and change the relevant details and then if you have to copy _posts.php and do the same. Seems like you could provide customization on either of the last two to achieve what you want. Hopefully this will work for you, and if not, I know that they are working hard right now to expand the documentation greatly.

JohnMagic

Thanks for answering Jimmy. Yep, seems like I have to start by renaming _posts.php and edit changes, then rename on the two higher levels as well. It would be nice if there was some documentation on templates elements and hierarchy, or at least some commenting in the code.

JohnMagic
I may have missed it not being here much in second half of 2011 but is the documentation available by now? I still have iBlog4 sites that may not be upgraded to iBlog5.

Simon
There is no docs as such for iblog4 sorry.