Sign in to follow this  
josh1178

Jquery Plugins and Platform

josh1178

I'm wondering what the proper practice for adding jquery plugins to Platform is. I tried simply adding code in the 'header scripts' area in the admin, but things weren't working properly. So, I added code into the header.php directly, which seems to work better (See the code below) What is the best practice for adding Jquery plugins to Platform. - Should I create a copy of the header.php file and put it in my based with the modifications? - Should I be able to use the admin 'header scripts' area? - Do I need to add things like wp_enqueue_script('jquery'); - Should I disable wordpress jquery and link to google like this article recommends? Google Jquery Thanks! Any insight from your experiences much appreciated.

<?php
			wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
			pagelines_register_hook('pagelines_head'); // Hook

wp_head(); // Hook (WordPress)

?>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/slidingtabs-horizontal.css" />
	<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/plugins/jquery.mousewheel.min.js"></script> <!-- Optional -->
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/plugins/jquery.easing.1.3.js"></script> <!-- Optional -->
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery.slidingtabs.pack.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript">
	$(document).ready(function() {

// Vertical tabs example
	    $('#st_horizontal').slideTabs({
	        // Your options here
	        contentAnim: 'slideV',
	        contentAnimTime: 600,
	        contentEasing: 'easeInOutExpo',
	        orientation: 'vertical',
	        slideLength: 300,
	        tabsAnimTime: 300
	    });

});
	</script>

catrina

Are there are any other plugins you have activated? There might be a conflict between one or a few plugins and the jquery code...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

josh1178

Hi Catrina, thanks for writing. I think I fixed the issue and can now use the jquery code in the Admin Header Scripts area. I put the pagelines_head hook before the wp_enqueue_script and now things seem working ok. Now it looks like this:

pagelines_register_hook('pagelines_head'); // Hook
			wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
			wp_head(); // Hook (WordPress) 

kastelic

You can always put jQuery code in the footerscripts area instaed, as this is best-practice anyway, and ensures that it is coming after the call to the jQuery library.

josh1178

Good tip, thanks Jimmy!