Sign in to follow this  
mdvanhelden

how canI remove the author from the excerpt?

mdvanhelden

Does anyone know how to do that? I found the option to remove that from the post, but it still shows on the exerpt and my client doesn't want that. Another thing is that I can not translate 'from' and 'on' in Dutch. At first i thought 'I change it in the single.php' but that is under copyright and empty. I hope you understand what I mean and you canhelp me out! Thanks

[Deleted User]

Welk theme gebruik je?

mdvanhelden

Hi Jackey, I use Patform Base the child theme from Platform Pro

[Deleted User]

Voor een vertaling naar het nederlands heb ik wel een .mo bestand beschikbaar... Stuur me een email. For a translation into Dutch, I have a .mo file available ... Send me an email.

[Deleted User]

Personally I would give myself a screen name like "Redactie" or "Editor". Maybe that solves the author issue?

mdvanhelden

Thank you Jackey, I'll ask my customer, I thinks it's a good solution. Thank you very very much for the translation file!!!

[Deleted User]

You can also create a fake account with privileges, and assign it to the article. You're welcome!

[Deleted User]

About the author... in [PlatformPro Settings] [bog And Posts] [Post Byline Information (Blog Mode and Full-Width Posts Only)] you can select what info the Byline shows. (uncheck author) Regards, Jackey

mdvanhelden

Thanks again Jackey, I found that one, only the date and author keep being showed at the excerpts....

[Deleted User]

Strange... As you can see here , on my site it removes it from both the page and the excerpt. What is the version of your PlatformPro?

[Deleted User]

I see what you mean, the small excerpts still show the author...

mdvanhelden

Yes, that's exactly what I mean and I can not find a way to remove it. Maybe you do?

mdvanhelden

BTW your site looks really nice! The one I'm working on is still 'under construction' so I can't show. (To let you know I've made another site: www.FairTradeWinkelen.nl with Platform Pro)

[Deleted User]

I Think I found it... In platformpro/includes/library.templates.php on line 354 ` $metabar .= sprintf( '%s [post_date] ', __('On','pagelines') ); $metabar .= sprintf( '%s [post_author_posts_link] ', __('By','pagelines') ); ` change that to: ` if(pagelines_option('byline_date')){ $metabar .= sprintf( '%s [post_date] ', __('On','pagelines') ); } if(pagelines_option('byline_author')){ $metabar .= sprintf( '%s [post_author_posts_link] ', __('By','pagelines') ); } ` That should remove the author on the clip as well.

mdvanhelden

I could not find it in the first place but now I see it's in the core directory in platformpro. I'm going to try it right now!

mdvanhelden

GREAT!!! I really don't know what the code means but it works!!!! One little thing, it's on line 362 instead of 354, but everyone can see that...

[Deleted User]

Sorry make the change to this: ` if(pagelines_option('byline_author')){ $metabar .= sprintf( '%s [post_author_posts_link] ', __('By','pagelines') ); } if(pagelines_option('byline_date')){ if(!pagelines_option('byline_author')){ $metabar .= sprintf( '[post_date]' ); } else { $metabar .= sprintf( '%s [post_date] ', __('On','pagelines') ); } } ` A bit more elegant, this removes the 'on' when there is no author enabled.

mdvanhelden

You are a perfectionist! Thank you!

[Deleted User]

Anyone out there that can help us moving this change from platformpro to platformbase?

timlinson

You can filter the `pagelines_post_metabar` in platformbase/functions.php with something like this: ` add_filter('pagelines_post_metabar', 'my_metabar'); function my_metabar($metabar) { $metabar = sprintf('%s [post_date] ', __('on', 'pagelines'); return $metabar; } `

[Deleted User]

Thanks Tim, So that's how that works... It is getting late (GMT-1), but I'm sure I will give it a spin tomorrow.