Sign in to follow this  
sheloha

Platform custom settings?

sheloha

I am creating a child theme and I am wanting to give clients access to certain platform settings but not all. I can do this if I edit the platformpro files, but from all documentation I've read I should be creating a theme using the base version. Is there a way to do this?

Andrew

Hm.. this isn't something we've specifically considered in developing the options for the theme. That said, you can do it w/ filters.. inside of the child theme. The entire Platform options array runs through a filter, if you're up to it you could take individual options and remove them from this array if the 'current user' didn't have the privileges. Anyway, if you're up to try, we can work on it. Also, its a good idea so we'll consider it for future dev.

sheloha

Thanks for the speedy reply. I was hoping to achieve this while giving the client full admin privileges. I don't like the idea of handing over a site that has been paid for and the client only gets restricted access. Sure they may never know the difference, but I would. Just so you know, my php isn't that great. I know enough to hack and slash existing code, and to make minor adjustments. So if you do have solutions to my conundrum you might have to spell it out a bit for me.