Sign in to follow this  
jonsolid-marketingcom

PageLines Meta Settings and Section Control missing on Blog page

jonsolid-marketingcom

Hi, I just created a new blog using the newest Platform Pro version, 1.5.0 For some reason, the Blog page is not displaying the "PageLines Meta Settings" and "PageLines Section Control" sections, but every other page does. This only happened after I set the "Posts Page" to "Blog" in the settings under "Settings > Reading". If I go in there and assign the Posts Page to use a different page, the sections then show up on the Blog page, but then they don't show up on whatever page I set as the "Posts Page". I thought it might be a plugin but I deactivated them all and it is still doing this. It's the first time I've run into this issue, and also the first time I've used version 1.5.0 Any ideas what this might be and how I can fix it? Thanks!

Andrew

the meta options for pages set to the 'posts' page were removed in 1.5. This is because posts pages don't support 'meta options' and the section control, and other options never worked anyway (on posts pages)... This post has made us realize that we really need a notification in there about that, so we're adding that now.

jonsolid-marketingcom

Since those sections were removed, is there a way I can hide the "Morefoot Sidebars (3-column)" or any of the other sections for the Blog/Posts Page?

Simon

Yes you can :)Screen%20shot%202011-05-26%20at%2009.12.53.png

jonsolid-marketingcom

Awesome, thanks!

jasondolle
I'm running into a similar challenge. I've created different sidebars to use with specific sections of the site. I'm able to hide & show using the section controls. On the "blog" page, it shows both of the sidebars without the option to hide either one. What's the best work around to hide a specific sidebar? Or is there a better way to use different sidebars on specific pages? Please advise. Thank you in advance.