Sign in to follow this  
adcnotts

How do I add a flash file without a plugin of any kind?

adcnotts

Hi, I am a newbie. I would like to add an swf file made by a program called Cu3ox www.cu3ox.com, it's similar to cu3er. The problem is, there isn't any instructions for wordpress and I've gotten no reply from the support email address. The software creates an index file that contains code that points to 2 files that contain the pictures and the swf and some other files. I have tried uploading the files to the public_html and some other locations and tried to rewrite the code to point to these files. The idea is to pull out code and paste it within a page's html, but this doesn't work when pasted into the pages section in wordpress. The code it says to paste is:- <div id ="cu3ox" style="width:1350px;height:430px;margin:0 auto;"> <div id ="cu3ox1"></div> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> swfobject.createSWF( {data:"engine/cu3ox.swf", width:"100%", height:"100%" }, {FlashVars:"images=data/images1&cfgsuffix=1",menu:true, allowFullScreen:false, allowScriptAccess:'sameDomain', wmode:"transparent", bgcolor:'#FFFFFF', devicefont:false, scale:'noscale', loop:true, play:true, quality:'high'}, "cu3ox1"); </script>Flash Banner Creator by cu3ox.com v1.6<noscript> <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0" width="100%" height="100%" id="cu3ox1" align="middle"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" /> <param name="movie" value="cu3ox.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high"/><param name="scale" value="noscale"/> <param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /> <param name="FlashVars" value="images=data/images1&cfgsuffix=1" /> <embed src="engine/cu3ox.swf" quality="high" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100%" height="100%" name="cu3ox" wmode="transparent" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/" /> </object></noscript> </div> Do I need to manipulate a php file or something? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Andrew

catrina

Hm, I was going to suggest using a plugin... until I reread the topic title :). I think a plugin would be the best option. Is there a particular reason why you want to avoid it?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

adcnotts

Sorry I wasn't clear before, when I said without a plugin, I meant cu3ox, who make the software do not provide a plugin. Can I use any random one? So, to clarify, I need to add a full width 900px flash banner to my home page. I don't use wordpress as a blog just a website for my business so I cant really put it in a post as far as I know without it looking like a post, which I do not want. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Andrew

catrina
Sorry I wasn't clear before, when I said without a plugin, I meant cu3ox, who make the software do not provide a plugin. Can I use any random one?
You can try and see what happens.
I don't use wordpress as a blog just a website for my business so I cant really put it in a post as far as I know without it looking like a post, which I do not want.
You don't have to put it in a post. It's possible to add it to the header. Which theme are you using? (If you're using PlatformPro, a hook could be used to add the code. See here for more info on hooks: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

adcnotts

I've sorted it, Create a feature assign a feature set, then I pasted that code above in the Feature Media HTML (Youtube, Flash etc...) box, after you have created a feature file. Then all you have to do is go to pages, select the page you want the feature to appear on, select feature template then select what feature set the flash code belongs to underneath the visual html input box. That was difficult to write.... Whew. Thanks Catrina, Nice Art BTW.