Sign in to follow this  
euthenics

PlatformPro Issues

euthenics

Hi All I'm still new to this Platform Pro and in initial stage to concentrate on building content first. With the spare time, will change bit by bit for the design of the website completely in time to come. Currently, I'm facing some issue which probably is meta tag. I don't have a clue on how to resolve this. Appreciate if anybody can provide some guidance and advise. First, in my page title and in fact all the pages, the top browser always display the word 'Work'. It's the same as I'm accessing the Pagelines Forum, the top browser is showing 'Work - PagelInes Forum'. How do I remove that word 'Work'? Secondly, when I do a Bing search on my website, it displayed correctly but shows some of my post contents. In Google, it shows this instead: On May 24, 2011 ?· 1499Leave a Commenthttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.oxxxx.com%2F2011%2F05%2Fasus-teases-new-tablet-to-be-unveiled-during-computex-2011%2FASUS+Tease+New+ One the same Google search result page comes out, it also shows: On May 13, 2011 ?· 13652 Commentshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.oxxx.com%2F2011%2F05 ... But if I do a certain search word so if my article in Google came out, it turns out fine and I presume because of the SEO that I used when I post the content. My question is how do I make when they search my website name, it would present my website tagline? How do I remove this %3A and etc? I would like proper words came out not garbage (normal users would see it that way). Thank you in advance.

cmunns

Is it returning results for your home page? It might be taking the last bits of text on that page and using it as your meta description if you don't have a meta description specifically set.

euthenics

Hi Adam I'm still learning the whole process here. So hope you can bear with me for a while. Managed to figure this work wording and resolve it accordingly. But on the second matter - Yes, I think it's picking up the last bits of text on my site. Can you further explain on how do I set this meta description in which part? Does it mean that I need to use SEO Plugins and add certain tag (for e.g %%excerpt%%) in the meta description in my post section for example? Update: Ok, that's odd. Now one or two results comes out ok after probably the SEO changes done but still some of the articles still comes out not in proper English. If I click search more results, comes out those symbols sign again in a lot of my article post.

cmunns

It can take time for SEO changes to indexed by Google...try checking again in a few days.