Sign in to follow this  
studio8c

Post page and missing pagelines menu

studio8c

HI Guys PP verion 1.5 wp 3.1.2 When i set my post page to lets ay a page called news. And then when i'm looking ad the admin of that news page my pagelines settings menu is missing. and wen i set a widget for that page its also not visible. This are my reading settings Your latest posts (???) A static page (select below) Front page: Home Posts page: News

cmunns

Hey Dennis, any plugins installed on this setup?

studio8c

Not much just some standard tools Exclude Pages from Navigation Image Widget Text Widgets NextGEN Gallery Simply Show IDs Widget Logic WordPress Importer

Kate

Hi Dennis, I would try deactivating your plugins and seeing if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then reactivate them one by one to find the culprit.

studio8c

@Adam @kate I found the problem with the Widget Logic plugin. on a post page it only works with categories and not a page ID as with the rest of the pages. and why the pagelines menu isn't there on the post page a got no clue.

catrina

Perhaps you should keep the Widget Logic plugin deactivated. By PageLines menu, do you mean the main navigation menu at the top of your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

studio8c

@ catrina i mean the Pagelines section control on the bottom of every page. its working on all of the pages, when i say to a page you wil become the news postpage its gone in only that page.

cmunns

Widget Logic plays nice with PL but I have noticed it does conflict with other plugins...in this case it might not like the Simply Show IDs plugin, but it's hard to say.

studio8c

@ Adam, I agree, but its works now the widget is visble with a catogory name and not the page ID of post page. Its only ode when we say to a page become the postpage, the Pagelines section control disappears

cmunns

Are you using the Page ID conditional correctly? :/ is_page('2') of if it is an array of pages is_page(array(2,4,55))

Simon
and wen i set a widget for that page its also not visible.
How are you setting widgets to specific pages? Yes the pagelines custom meta is disabled for the 'posts' or 'blog' page, as the settings actually did nothing for that page, so we removed them so they would not cause confusion.

studio8c

@Adam. Both depending on the page i'm using serval custom menu widgets for the most its a aray and for news i used a category that fixed my problem. @ simon

Yes the pagelines custom meta is disabled for the 'posts' or 'blog' page, as the settings actually did nothing for that page, so we removed them so they would not cause confusion.
Oke thanks i didn't know that