Sign in to follow this  
charles2010

design control doesn't work

charles2010

hi there, i'm having trouble using the design control. i tried to add a background image and chance some color settings, but nothing happened. the colors are saved in the design control, as well the background image, but do not appear on the website. i tested it on several browsers. deleted cache. nothing. any ideas? My site

ricardo

Hi Charles! Just to be clear, you can see the image in the PlatformPro Settings page but not in the front page? Ricardo

motionltd

I have the same problem, nothing happens on the front end when I make the changes but they stay in the Wordpress part.

Ben

motionltd.com

Simon

Have you tried setting css to inline under misc-settings? Some web hosts have very aggressive caching for css, js and small images.

charles2010

I can't see any CSS options in my settings...

motionltd

That worked for me! Thanks mate! B

Ben

motionltd.com

charles2010

OK, now it works! I updated platformpro from 1.2.2 to 1.5.

charles2010

Now I have a new problem: I updated platformpro, like explained here. Now, the settings that I made before (red colours and stonewall background) are showing. I opened the design control to change these colors, but it won't happen. the "saving ..." screen just won't disappear. Also some menus like the Plugin-Menu just won't open, and shows a blank site. (the plugin install navigation works, btw)

charles2010

New fact, this is funny. Having the 1.5 theme active shows all the settings made in the design control of theme 1.2.2. on the website. But i can't edit the design control. (saving... won't go away) Bottom line, if i want to make changes in design, i have to switch to theme 1.2.2, make the settings in design control and switch back to theme 1.5 to activate the changes on the website. :S

Kate

Hi Charles, First, do you have any plugins active right now? Second, have you tried checking the "Disable AJAX Saving" (as seen in a previous post)?

charles2010

Hi Kate, after deactivating all plugins i figured out which one is the troublemaker. It was the WPML Multilingual Plugin that caused the strange navigation problems. So far everything seems ok now. :)

Sourena

Is your PlatformPro the lastest version? If not upgrade it and try again.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

charles2010

Yes, i'm working now on Platformpro 1.5. It's really only the WPML Plugin that doesn't work.

catrina

I think you should keep the WPML plugin deactivated if it's causing issues with your design control settings. There might be another plugin that works the same way without causing any further issues.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse