Sign in to follow this  
krumvillebakeshop

Lost social icons

krumvillebakeshop

I was looking at old posts on how to fix this, and I ended up uploading the Style.css to my server as suggested here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/7711 to late now, but I don't think I should have done this, or is it totally fine? I'm running platform pro 1.3.3 on wp version 3.1.2. Also did not fix the missing social button issue. http://www.krumvillebakeshop.com/

catrina

Do you have a back-up of the original style.css file that was there prior to uploading the new CSS file?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

krumvillebakeshop

nope. the good thing is the site seams to work fine. what should i do now?

timlinson

Yes the site will be operational, but you need to use the correct style.css. You could get a new copy from your launchpad download page, but it might not be the same version as what you're using. Which version are you using?

krumvillebakeshop

Hi Tim, thank you for the reply, I'm on platform pro 1.3.3 and wp 3.2.1. where is the launchpad located?

krumvillebakeshop

thank you simon, question? I found in my downloads, the old platform pro folder, I was trying to figure out if that's the version I'm using now (1.3.3) so I thought I could just replace the style.css file from there. In the PP folder info window there is no information on what version that is. where can I find it? I just want to make sure now I don't mess up AGAIN ;-). thank you for the support!

cmunns

That's because the social icons come with the standard branding section not the BrandNav section. But we can hook them back in there if you need to. Do you know how to use hooks yet?

krumvillebakeshop

thanks for getting back adam, I have no idea how hooks works. I'd love to learn, do you know of a good tutorial? I'm looking to position them on the top-right of each page.

catrina

There is a video tutorial on hooks here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme It's a good place to start for understanding what hooks can do for you, where they're found, and where they can be placed.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

krumvillebakeshop

thanks catrina, I would have never find it. Since I don't even know what child theming is. I'll give it a shot! I'll probably start a new topic if I have any questions. thank you all for your help!