Sign in to follow this  
biko

Drop down Menus in Platform Pro

biko

Hi Everyone, I'm having problems getting my main navigation menus to expand past 3 levels. I have read numerous posts here in the forum and tried many steps, but still stuck. I'm currently trying custom menus, all pages appear to be in correct hierarchy, I have the latest version of Platform Pro 1.4.0. Firebug doesn't show any Java errors, I tried disabling all plugins, I enabled drop down menus in Header and Nav section, is there anything I may be missing? Site is http://www.smithandcointeriordesign.com and the menu goes Portfolio>Residential Design>>Traditional Design and stops, I have six sub menus under there that simply won't appear. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Bill

Andrew

Hey Bill, The drop downs are only 'designed' to manage 3 levels... this isn't to say it can't be accomplished but at 4 levels you're in uncharted territory. Are you sure this is the best thing for usability?

biko

Hi Andrew, I may have to go a different route, but my client was hoping to group their information in the sub menus for clients specifically looking for examples of their work under each category (in this case traditional or more modern design). I suppose I can just break it down more on the top menu, but I will lose the clean lines they are also hoping for. Bill

catrina

I must say that the multi-levels of menus can be a bit much from a user-friendly standpoint (if they exceed a certain number).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

honeytrek
Bill, i had the same issue, i looked around and found that file you mentioned (here is a screen shot where i found it) and the change i made in the code to allow another level deep. http://smal.in/si/4levelsDeep.png Let me know if you find it and it works for you too, Mike

mcbenton
Mike, Thank you! This was exactly what I needed. For anyone else who wants more than 3 levels of navigation (in the main menu) the file that needs to be edited is: /pagelines/sections/nav/section.php, line 32 in my version of the code (using PageLines). Cheers, Morgan

nextgenpro
I can see the drop down menu or sub-menu but when I click on it to go to that page it shows up blank. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks In Advance!