Sign in to follow this  
whatdadizzle

Backend problems

whatdadizzle

There's something going on with my theme. Right now, I am unable to embed video and none of my thumbnails show up in my dashboard. Is there someone available to help me on the back end? My url is www.whatdadizzle.com

catrina

Did you upgrade your theme and/or WordPress version recently? Add any new plugins? You may want to deactivate your plugins to see if the issues disappear.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

whatdadizzle

I have upgraded theme and wordpress. The thing is this, it's been behaving weird for a few months now and the problem seems to be getting worse. I've done all you said above and still cannot find the problem. I'm a little worried. Is there a way for someone adept at looking at the backend of things to sort this out?

whatdadizzle

Issues that I have no background in and couldn't even explain. In myPHPadmin, there are items listed in the red, that should not be in the red. Something is wrong. -Slow_queries 460 k The number of queries that have taken more than long_query_time seconds. -Innodb_buffer_pool_reads 1,578 k The number of logical reads that InnoDB could not satisfy from buffer pool and had to do a single-page read. -Innodb_row_lock_time_max 3,810 The maximum time to acquire a row lock, in milliseconds. -Innodb_row_lock_waits 1,104 The number of times a row lock had to be waited for. -Handler_read_rnd 1,658 M The number of requests to read a row based on a fixed position. This is high if you are doing a lot of queries that require sorting of the result. You probably have a lot of queries that require MySQL to scan whole tables or you have joins that don't use keys properly. -Handler_read_rnd_next 349 G The number of requests to read the next row in the data file. This is high if you are doing a lot of table scans. Generally this suggests that your tables are not properly indexed or that your queries are not written to take advantage of the indexes you have. -Qcache_lowmem_prunes 87 M The number of queries that have been removed from the cache to free up memory for caching new queries. This information can help you tune the query cache size. The query cache uses a least recently used (LRU) strategy to decide which queries to remove from the cache. -Created_tmp_disk_tables 14 M The number of temporary tables on disk created automatically by the server while executing statements. If Created_tmp_disk_tables is big, you may want to increase the tmp_table_size value to cause temporary tables to be memory-based instead of disk-based. -Select_full_join 551 k The number of joins that do not use indexes. If this value is not 0, you should carefully check the indexes of your tables. -Select_range_check 83 k The number of joins without keys that check for key usage after each row. (If this is not 0, you should carefully check the indexes of your tables.) There are some other issues, but you should get the idea. I feel like some of these issue may have something to do with me not being able to post video's now. Can you help?

timlinson

Which host are you using? I suggest getting in touch with them for backend issues.

Kate

Hi Tirrell, I would also suggest contacting your host as Tim suggested.

whatdadizzle

Ok, my host and I went through it and it is something with the theme. Any help?

catrina

Did the host say anything more specific about what could be the problem with the theme?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

whatdadizzle

No, Blue host doesn't like to get into themes. They keep saying that's not what they do. Since it's Platform theme, they recommend I contact Platform. So, here I am again wondering if I am going to get some help?

whatdadizzle

Tim, I changed the permalink structure but that didn't work. Thanks though, I'm sure that will help. Anything else?

cmunns

The host is saying that it is a theme issue which is fine, but can't they tell you if there any errors being thrown in the logs what PHP version you are running, your memory allocation, etc? Every server environment is different so once in a while there is a unique "theme" issues that is specific to a hosting setup...so YES they should be more compliant with helping us get info for debugging

Simon

You cannot change any of those variables, unless you have root access to the server.

Slow_queries 460 k
This is bad, 460,000 slow queries, means either a very poor script, or a server under extreme high load. I assume you are on shared hosting? according to this: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/web-sites-on-web-server/ If you put your IP in there you will see you are sharing your server with hundreds of other sites!

whatdadizzle

I'll ask them today and get back to you guys.

whatdadizzle

Here is the reply from my host provider. Dear Customer, I see errors related to post max size and also some errors related to your themes. You can view these errors in the error_log files located in these locations relative to public_html: ./delthis/V2/wp-admin/error_log ./delthis/V2/wp-content/themes/platformpro/error_log ./delthis/V1/wp-admin/error_log ./delthis/V1/wp-content/themes/platformpro/error_log ./error_log ./forum/error_log ./wp-admin/error_log ./wp-content/themes/Old_platformpro/error_log We currently run php 5.2.17 and I have increased memory,max execution, and post max values in your public_html/php.ini for you as well since I was seeing some errors related to those values. If you want to see all kinds of information about the php environment, just put this into a php file and put it somewhere in public_html: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Does this help you guys?

Simon

email me the following logs: `/delthis/V2/wp-content/themes/platformpro/error_log` `./error_log` `wp-admin/error_log` simon@pagelines.com

whatdadizzle

Simon, sent.

Simon

OK looked at the logs. There is nothing in there Platform specific. You have lots of plugin errors though. What versions are you running? If you go to misc-settings there is a tickbox 'enable-debug' check it and a new tab will appear, click it and paste the output here, or screenshot.

whatdadizzle

Simon, I'm, using version 1.3.2. I checked the 'enable-debug'tickbox and I do not see a tab.

Simon

The debug tab cam with version 1.4 so you possibly dont have it. You really should update to the latest version.

whatdadizzle

Ok... so the tickbox for debugging came with 1.3.2, but the tab to access it didn't...lol (sigh). I'm gonna need some help with this. I'm sending you an email.

whatdadizzle

Case solved. Thank you to everyone who gave input and to Simon you finally solved the issue.