Sign in to follow this  
jeffsbesthemp

featurette pictures suddenly not fitting correctly

jeffsbesthemp

Hi, theme platform pro website: www.Jeffsbesthemp.com I was looking at my site earlier today, and it looked great, now the pictures are not fitting properly in the featurette section, and each cuts off a product. Has anyone experienced this? If so, how do we fix it? I'm so bummed, we just finally got it right. :( the site is Jeff's Best Hemp! Please let us know how to fix this stat.

catrina

I'm seeing that the image is bigger than the image frame it's contained in. Were they resized using code before? It's possible to resize them so that they fit again...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeffsbesthemp

Hi, no code was used for sizing. one minute it fit, and the second minute it didn't. So the only way to make it look right is to resize the photos again?

catrina

Now that you mention there was no resizing done, there shouldn't be resizing necessary to fix it. I think they just need to be re-positioned. Try adding this CSS:

div.media-frame {margin-top: -25px; margin-left: -25px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeffsbesthemp

Hi Catrina, thank you. that helped a little, but it's still not fitting the way it was. I don't get it. We changed nothing, and all of a sudden the pics didn't fit right. The nav bar also got more scrunched up, it's crazy. It's like the whole thing squished in a little bit with no input from us at all. I played a little with the width numbers on the left margin to make it wider, but it seems like it had it's limits. What can cause this?

kastelic

Looks like something might have happened with your layout dimensions. I would go into Platform Pro Settings -> Layout Editor and drag the width of the main column out to 960px.

jeffsbesthemp

Hi Jimmy, the farthest I can drag the main column is 560, and the side columns are 120. I don't know how to make that wider.

jeffsbesthemp

It's full width fixed.

timlinson
the farthest I can drag the main column is 560, and the side columns are 120. I don't know how to make that wider.
I think he actually meant the content area as a whole even though he said main column. Did you intentionally drag the content area down to 800px and has it been that way the whole time?

jeffsbesthemp

HI, It's just how it shows up when I click on the layout section. I don't have programming skills so it's just there by default.

cmunns

I would try resetting the layout section and upgrade to the latest version of PP

jeffsbesthemp

Hi Adam, we tried that already, and we're also running the latest version already. Thank you though. We still have no idea what caused it either.

timlinson
we're also running the latest version already
Which version is that? I see a ref to 1.3.1.. are you sure you're not using 1.3.1? There were known layout issues in that version. The current version is 1.4.0.

jeffsbesthemp

I didn't realize there was a 1.4.0 out. I remember having the discussion a little with my staff now and declining to upgrade because no one at pageline could assure us we wouldn't lose all our hard work when we upgraded. That's still a second issue. why did it wig out suddenly? and how do we fix it?

timlinson
why did it wig out suddenly?
I don't know the coding details, but there were known layout issues in 1.3.1 that the devs fixed in 1.3.2 and beyond.

jeffsbesthemp

Ok, well we can try the upgrade as a means of resolution, but can we do it without risking all the customization work we've done?

timlinson

That depends how you made your customizations. Are you using the platformbase child theme and are your customizations all done via the base child files? If you changed any core files instead, they will need to be redone. To upgrade, make backups of everything just in case and follow these steps: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/upgrading

jeffsbesthemp

upgraded, did the whole nine, still looks the same. And, our navigation looks all weird now, and isn't spread out the way it used to be.thumbs down big time. fantastic. this is really getting frustrating.

timlinson

Are you saying it still doesn't let you increase the body width to 960px?

jeffsbesthemp

yes tim, that's what we're saying. it only goes to 800, at full width fixed. saved multiple times. global width is still 800, main content width is still 560, sidebar is still 120. nothings changed. we give up, this is ridiculous.

cmunns

Who is your hosting provider. Seems like one of two things. 1. a cacheing issue or 2. your dynamic files aren't writeable

jeffsbesthemp

Unfortunately for us, there is nothing listed on the company page that says it only works with specific or limited types of hosting. We host with Go daddy. It looked great, and then changed without us touching it. It still doesn't look the same. Please keep in mind the whole point we purchased this because we are not web developers, programmers, or even intermidiately skilled in web design. So far, it's been pretty disappionting, because nothing functions correctly right out of the box the way it's advertised. That's another story.... For now, our featurette, it's size, and this string of comments still has no resolution. Any more ideas?