Sign in to follow this  
jwchameleoncorp

The buggiest theme ever...

jwchameleoncorp

Don't know if any of you have this issue, but when I use Pagelines Pro it is absolutely the most buggy theme ever. When you change something it doesn't update... well sometimes...its hit or miss. Sometimes I have to log out first then log back in...weird. Today I logged on and simply changed the logo...I did absolutely nothing else...not even navigate to a different link. I logged off and opened a fresh browser to look at the resutlt and guess what? All my settings were gone! Oh what fun! The only thing left was the content. It took me 3 days to get everything the way I want it and it was all gone in one fell swoop, Pagelines buggy behavior eliminated all of it! Yep...pretty pissed about it. I love the Pagelines...except when it doesn't work...which is turning out to be much of the time. Even more, I hate Pagelines when it torpedo's all my work for no reason at all. It might be time to change companies and slide over to Headway. No complaints from those I know who use it...no reason to holdout anymore...

ricardo

Hi Jeff! Hope you don't take my words wrong (it's very easy to be wise in hindsight) but at the first sign of problems, you should have come here or contacted Pagelines. That's not in any way the normal behavior of PlatformPro, or any other theme for that matter, and if you're willing to still give it a try, I'm marking this thread for developer review and hopefully, one of them will be able to help you out! What you are describing seems a combination of server and browser problems. Some Safari users described similar problems with saving settings and the rest fits within other users' experiences when using services from mass hosting companies like Godaddy for example... Ricardo

Andrew

Sounds like some caching issues.. which host are you on? What version of the framework?

jwchameleoncorp

Hello Ricardo and Andrew, Thanks for the reply. By the way, even though my frustrations get the best of me, I love the theme. Andrew, Hostgator is where my domains are hosted. Since my last post I can share more observations I've had... 1. Sometimes when I make Global changes, such as changing the logo in the header, the header will change on some pages and not others... 2. I've noticed that when I make changes to my website (even global ones) after the updates are made and I logout of my Admin Page, the updates take place over time. Sometimes it takes several hours for the changes to be seen. Furthermore, changes may take place immediately on some pages and hours on another. These issues can be very frustrating and confusing because you don't know if your work has been executed or not. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks - Jeff

timlinson

That does sound like caching issues to me. Do you use WP Super Cache or anything similar?

jwchameleoncorp

Hi Tim - Not familiar with WP Super Cache. Is it a plugin? I'm all ears! Thanks!

jwchameleoncorp

Hi Tim - I just checked my plugins and I do have WP Super Cache installed and activated. Is there anything else I'm supposed to do with it (i.e. certain settings, etc.)? - Thanks again!

ricardo

Jeff, If you are still developing the website, you should turn it off as having it on while developing causes the problems you are experiencing. Then when you are over and ready to launch the site, you turn it back on again. You should also clear your browser cache. Ricardo

jwchameleoncorp

Hi Richardo, How do you "turn off" a website? Sorry about the amateur question, but I honestly didn't know you could do that. Do I do it thru Wordpress? Is it something I do thru Hostgator? Thanks for your help! Jeff

ricardo

Not the website, the plugin, sorry for not being clear =) Go to your plugins page and click the deactivate link bellow the super cache plugin. Ricardo

jwchameleoncorp

Ok! I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

radroz

wp-supercache really shouldn't be used at all unless the site has a lot of traffic. It's great for busy websites, but it only leads to frustration when you're developing the site. I learned this the hard way! Turn off that plugin, and you'll see your troubles melt away...

ricardo

David, Independently of you site's size, having a cache system has many benefits, IMO one of the most important is improving the users experience but many will list improving your SEO rank or more profitability as the most important things. But like anything else, it must be used properly otherwise it can ruin your day =) Ricardo

jwchameleoncorp

So...after doing much editing and tweaking of my website I am now convinced that the WP Super Cache plugin was the culprit! I am so much happier with the websites performance! I want to thank everybody for your help. I really appreciate it!