Sign in to follow this  
MLaMaison

How to move Post Thumbnail below title

MLaMaison

How can I move the post thumbnail just below the title and byline. We have long blog titles and I think it might look better with the title and byline on top, and the thumbnail floating to the left if the excerpt and continue reading link

kastelic

Can you post a link to your site?

MLaMaison

It running locally on my Mac. We currently are converting from another blog software to Wordpress, and we don't have it on a public server. If you go to http://www.pagelines.com/blog/ you can see the thumbnail as it is on our site. (top 2 posts) I appreciate your help.

catrina

Try adding this CSS to your custom CSS area or the base.css file:

img.attachment-thumbnail {margin-top: 60px; margin-left: 130px;}
	h2.entry-title {margin-top: 170px;}
	aside.post-excerpt {margin-top: 120px;}
	section.post-meta {margin-left: -145px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

MLaMaison

Thanks for your help Catrina, I added the css to base.css, but it didn't display correctly. Since the site is not online yet the best I can do is screen shots showing before and after your suggested CSS edits. before - after Again, I appreciate your help.

MLaMaison

Since you suggested a CSS only solution, I explored it further.

img.attachment-thumbnail{
		margin-top: 88px;
		}
	.post-meta .post-header .post-title-section{
		margin-left: -180px;
		}

Sliding the thumbnail down and the post title to left works sort of, but it does flow properly when the post title is length changes. See screen shot. another screen shot I don't see how a CSS only solution will work? Do you? Do you know how to change the php template?

MLaMaison

Thank for steering me in the right direction, with that post I as able edit the page to my liking.

jankowalski

i d like to do exactly the same in FRAMEWORK 2.0 but i don t have template.postloop.php anymore... where this code has ben moved?

hildyr

Would like to move my post titles, author, categories, etc. above thumb/feature image on my posts page. I keep seeing template.postloop.php referenced in threads, but I don't see that file in framework.

jankowalski

you have to write a function to do that. it is a pitty as it was easier to figure out in platform pro. now you have to know php for that...