Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth

Transferring to new domain but settings lost

Elizabeth

Hi, I'm transferring a site from one domain to another.

• I backed up the database and then recreated it on the new domain.
  • Copied all the files from one domain to the other.
  • Changed the wp_config.php file because the name of the database had changed.
  • I have found and replaced all references to the old domain in the database with references to the new domain.

The site is up and running but none of the PageLines Pro settings seem to have transferred across. What have I missed?

junglam

Hi, You should update the link in your database wp_site and wp_sitemeta table, I think.

Elizabeth

Thanks Jung Lam but I can't find those tables in my database! I found this related discussion which was helpful but exporting and importing the settings made no difference.

kastelic

Go to your old site in the Platform Pro settings area and scroll all the way to the bottom where you see "Download Theme Settings". In the same area you can Import those settings into your new installation using the "upload new settings" button.

Elizabeth

Thanks Jimmy, I did that after I originally posted this question but it still didn't work. It's very odd. In the end I had to go between the live site and the test site and set all the individual settings again. It's put me off using it again.

catrina

Do you need further assistance or are your settings as they should be?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse