Sign in to follow this  
basmati

Advanced Super Search

basmati

hello, is there a way to extend the search function of wordpress? i know there are a few plugins (highlight search, supersearch) but nothing matches. i need a search form only on special pages, to search for example in a "job section". hello developers: would it be possible to write an extension for that?

ricardo

Hi Peter! Do you want to search only on a particular custom post type? Ricardo

basmati

Hi Ricardo, it would be a static site, without blog section. I need a searchform for two different "static" page areas.

ricardo

Yes, but what content format? Page?

basmati

a static site, without posts. only on two pages (and it has to be a searchfunction only on one particular page).

ricardo

I'm not making myself understood... You said you want to search in a "job section". That section has content, right? People will have to post resumes and job offers, right? What format is that content? Posts? Pages? Boxes? Ricardo

basmati

if possible, i would give someone a job for the developement ot this search function extension / plugin. it depends on the developement budget. provided that i get a contract for this project :-)

basmati

@Ricardo: the content would be on pages, no boxes or something else.

basmati

thanks Ricardo, i thought about google custom search. but i don't like the privacy behavior of google analytics. i prefer piwik, but actualy this has nothing to do with google custom search. i think in google custom search (free version) you also have a lot of advertising and not the design look of your main page, but rather the design of google. i give it a try and will be back on that topic soon.