Sign in to follow this  
srhippe

Update for WhitehousePro from 2.1.1

srhippe

Is there or will there be an updated version from 2.1.1 available? Thanks.

Andrew

its the most recent; the next version out will be WHP 3.0 was there any specific reason you wanted an update?

srhippe

My secondary sidebar doesn't work correctly. I have the same widgets in both the main and secondary sidebar because when I have the 'show secondary sidebar' checked it still shows the main sidebar. I've got 'my blog' page redirected to blog category. It worked to begin with but when I had around 15 posts and added a new post, I went to my site and clicked on the page 'my blog' and it showed the secondary sidebar when it should be showing the main sidebar. Under 'my blog' page, I would like it to always show the main sidebar, and when they click on the post then I want it to show the secondary sidebar. I just added test to the top of both sidebars to help explain. If you go to http://www.askstevenhippe.com/blog/ then go to the bottom of the page and click 'Previous Entries' you will notice that the sidebar is correct with the main sidebar displayed. Why would the first page show the secondary sidebar. Sorry this is so long. Thanks.

jnoh

Under WhiteHousePro Settings > Sidebar Settings? What do you have set as the default sidebar? Also that flash dogearred page thing is awesome. Is it a plugin?

Andrew

on the main blog page; the secondary sidebar doesn't work because WP handles things differently on this page. There is a fairly easy hack you can make though; if this is the problem you're facing (in sidebar.php)

srhippe
on the main blog page; the secondary sidebar doesn't work because WP handles things differently on this page. There is a fairly easy hack you can make though; if this is the problem you're facing (in sidebar.php)
j??? If you can go to my site http://www.askstevenhippe.com then to 'my blog' that should be showing main sidebar. Also the categories nav bar under my blog, affiliate marketing and leadership should also be showing main sidebar. How do I fix it so that when a person clicks on a specific post the second sidebar shows. I only want the second sidebar to show on specific posts, I also tried to use the content sidebar on posts but it didn't show the content sidebar widgets. Thanks for the help.

srhippe

arpowers, FYI I also have the 'Welcome Message Placement' box checked so it should be showing on all pages. Does that also mean blog post pages?

Andrew

Hi Steve, Looks like you have a markup error of some sort causing problems with the sidebar. For example, 7PVOk.png The sidebar should have 'padding' on both sides, but it doesn't. I took a look with Firebug and specifically there is a 'div' closing prematurely on that page. As for the behavior you're looking for, it may be a challenge based on the way WordPress handles posts/single pages (they have the same 'meta' information, which is how we control this in most cases)

Andrew

run a W3 validation on your page.. look for markup issues.