Sign in to follow this  
rainbowmosaics

get posts page to use highlight template

rainbowmosaics

Hi! I want to use the "front page displays new posts" vs the static pages option AND have that new posts page display with a highlight template, I have set it up several times and cannot get the blog posts to display on a highlight page. I even tried the other option of using a custom menu, creating a static home page, creating a blog page and setting the blog page template to HIGHLIGHT - STANDARD but it still showed with the default posts layout, not the highlight template. Any help is appreciated. I have been stuck on this for two days! Thanks!

cmunns

It's not possible at this moment. The default blog page has no meta options so you can't set the highlight on it.

rainbowmosaics

what if I use static pages (HOME, BLOG) and I want the BLOG page to use the Carousel or Highlight Template?

catrina

The page you use as the static page can use the carousel or highlight template (you can set this up in the page editor settings for the page).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rainbowmosaics

Im sorry, Catrina, but when I set up the static pages and set the template for the blog page as HIGHLIGHT- STANDARD, it did not work. Neither did the carousel. It just showed the default posts page. The only way I could alter the layout of the posts page was to select USE FEATURE TEMPLATE FOR POSTS PAGE in the PAGES AND POSTS SETTINGS and remove the static pages. I hate using the feature template because it's so large. I wanted have a static home and static blog page and have the blog page use the highlight template but the static blog page wont take the template setting no matter how many times I set it that way.

Kate

Unfortunately, unless Adam misunderstood, he's one of the developers. So, if he says it's not possible at the moment, it's probably not. Sorry.