Sign in to follow this  
ocdee

Contact form in header - can't select form fields

ocdee

Hi all - I have a feeling this is a css issue but am not sure how to fix it. I used a hook to put a form in the header, then used css to float it to the right above the social media icons. I can select the form fields before I set it to float right. Am using PlatformPRO. My site is here. On a separate but related note - anyone have a suggestion for the easiest possible way to put the labels inside the fields? Unsuccessfully tried jquery/javascript and am afraid I don't quite understand it well enough to execute (though follow instructions fairly well!)

ricardo

Hi Dee! I would try to remove that book image first and see if the problem prevails. As for the label, you can simply go old school =) and make it the value (i.e.

<input ... value="Your name" />

) but if you are looking for a solution that will clear the field on focus or mouseover, search stackoverflow.com for example, plenty of different examples there. Ricardo

ocdee

Thanks Ricardo, but taking away the image doesn't change it. Funny thing is that I can enter text in IE7 (the last version of IE I have on my computer since I never use it), but can't enter text in Firefox. The only time I've been able to enter text in Firefox in these fields is when I take away float:right.

ricardo

I can also use the form by hitting the tab key but I can't select the field directly. Ricardo

ocdee

Well then, good ol' z-index took care of it :) Somehow Ricardo, you mentioning that you could select via tabbing helped me figure that out - thanks!

ricardo

Cool! You're welcome =) Ricardo