Sign in to follow this  
insidethread1

How can I arrange my individual pages?

insidethread1

I want my about page to always be first but every time I keep adding new pages it slides it down. How can I arrange them?

catrina

Are you referring to the arrangement shown in the main navigation bar on your site or the way the pages are being arranged on your Dashboard?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

insidethread1

Yes, on the main navigation bar on my website, i don't know how to change the order.

timlinson

You can create a custom menu in Appearance > Menus. The menu entries can be dragged into whatever order you like. Don't forget to set it as your primary nav in the dropdown at the top left of that page.

insidethread1

Ok. thanks..This is what I did. I created a menu called ABOUT in the appearance/setting and added to pages called about me and about insidethread to that menu. Change the settings on both those pages so they go to ABOUT and nothing happens. It still has the individual pages and not a drop down...errr..is there another setting I am missing?

timlinson

Oh wait.. I think I misunderstood. Are you wanting to change the top-down order of the entries inside the dropdown itself (instead of the left-right order of the main menu)? If so, forget the custom menu. Edit all the pages in question and set the "order" field at the right of the page. Remember to reset the "primary nav" dropdown in the appearance > menus so you're using the normal menu again.

insidethread1

When I create individual pages I don' t know how to change the order of them. What I want to do is change the left-right order when you are on my website. Because the about page always moves down as I keep creating more pages. So I went under app/settings and created a Menu with: About (as the main) then drop down so it will look like this: ABOUT (about me)<-individual page dropping down from the ABOUT (about inside thread) <-individual page dropping down from the ABOUT I change the NAV on the individual pages to ABOUT (the one I created in App.. Nothing seems to work!

timlinson

Did you set the "order" field from my last post? It's in the "Page Attributes" box at the right of each page.. I'm pretty sure it's what you're looking for. You can set the "About" page to 0 and every single other page (along with new pages you create later on) to something higher than 0.

insidethread1

Ok..gottcha on that..now I know how to organize that. And if I want to create a drop down menu that looks like this ABOUT (main menu) about me (drop down from the main) about inside thread (drop down from the main) I have to use the App/Setting? Sorry I am a little confused.

insidethread1

What's frustrating, is that when I create a menu name (about) and add the pages to the menu name, the website just shows the individual pages and not the menu name. I changed the settings I do believe in everything there could be. Before I knew about the menu name creator..I was doing parent of each pages which would show a drop down from the menu.. Sorry..I hope I am explaining myself...

timlinson

You shouldn't need custom menus for that either. Go to platformpro > settings > header+nav > enable dropdown menu. Then for those 2 child pages of ABOUT, set their "parent page" to ABOUT (in the same place as the "order" settings). edit: just saw your new post.. can you post a link? I think I'm just not understanding what's going on.

insidethread1

Thanks! : ) It's all becoming clear! : )