Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

Show external page inside a WP page

Michael_J

I have an external SMF Forum* that our customers use. I would like to 'integrate' it into our iBlogPro themed WP site. It is easy to create a Menu link to the external forum, but then the navigation is lost (user has no way to get back to our site, unless they hit the 'back' key. Is it possible to 'insert' the forum into a standard full-width page? * I had purchased the bbPress forum for iBlog Pro but was unable to import the old forum into bbPress format so, alas, I have to use an un-integrated forum.

catrina

The only way I can think of for allowing a forum to show up in the site without actually leaving it is by creating an iframe and a target link that allows the forum to appear inside that frame, but I'm not sure that's the way you want to go since you'd have to make many adjustments so that the pages display correctly.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Michael_J

Thanks, yes iFrames is what I was thinking of. Is that a plug-in? If so, any recommendation?