Sign in to follow this  
nmenard

Feature Links not working...

nmenard

My feature links are not currently working. I have read in the forum that if you deactivate all plugins and reactivate them it will work. Well i've done that and it still does not work. Any suggestions? I have validated my Markup with plugins deactivated and no errors found. Help?

Kate

Hi Nicholas, When you say they don't work, could you expound on that please? Are they not showing up? Not linking to the correct place? Perhaps most importantly: I'm assuming you assigned links to them in the feature settings. Is that correct?

nmenard

yes..i did assign links to them and they are not active. when mousing over the media (graphic) the mouse does not change as if an active link exist. Also now that i deactivated all the plugins my features slides does not work. www.que-guay.com

cshoffmann

The feature media picture that you uploaded will not get linked by the feature settings. The only way to do what you are saying and showing you want to do is to instead of using the feature media uploader, use the feature media HTML markup area. So you will be using something like this (minus the !marks everywhere): <!center> <!a href="http://link-url-where-to-go/"> <!img src="http://image-url-cut-from-the-uploader/"> <!/a> <!/center> That will link the image, but nothing else will in the current version of Platform Pro. The links in features happen when using the text overlay (creates a button linked).

cmunns

I think Shaun wanted you to omit the exclamation marks.

cmunns

Where you are entering this?

nmenard

Under Edit Feature Feature Media HTML (Youtube, Flash etc...) Feature Page Media HTML or Embed Code.

catrina

Hm, and you've saved the meta settings by clicking on the button at the bottom?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

timlinson

Your feature has no fmedia and it's still using the feature background.. are you sure you're editing the right feature slide? I just tested it and it does work: `

` `? ? ` `? ? ? ? BANNERSONIAMONROY.jpg` `? ? ` `
`

nmenard

ok..so i followed the instructions and i see no media or link... www.que-guay.com feature is blank area just below page menu. since this is a media embed, does the maxium media embed in the settings menu of wp need to be changed?

nmenard

i need help. i am in spain i can work via skype if need be or give you a temp admin login....

nmenard

there must be a setting somewhere else becuase i did it excatlly as your video described and i get no image or link on my features section

catrina

Have you already tried deactivating your plugins and leaving them that way?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

nmenard

ok. i've deactived my plugins...the image appears but the hyperlink does not work

cmunns

What is the color-box? There is a reference to it showing that your javascript is broken...probably related to the feature not working... Property '$' of object [object DOMWindow] is not a function

nmenard

all backgrounds are black as well as the bacgrounds of the .jpg

cmunns

Yes but you still have a javascript error related to the colorbox.js file that I mentioned so something from your plugins is still causing this issue despite being deactivated.

nmenard

ok..i turn on a few and the image was still there. then i turned on the sociable plugin and the image when away. but the hyper link still does not work. how can i fix the java script error?

newhope

hmmmm.....I don't have this theme...I am curious about a few things...not gonna say it works...might be long shot....could you try resizing the image just for test to 1/3 of size...and could you convert to jpg to png.....also I noticed this in your div style.... position: absolute; width: 9999px; visibility: hidden; display: none; 9999px.....is that right....like said...don't have this theme...shooting in the dark

cmunns

Best way to get rid of js errors is to eliminate variables e.g. deactivate ALL plugins to test it. After you've deactivated all of them...leave it that way and post back so we can take a look