Sign in to follow this  
dustinfaddis

Export Settings Failure

dustinfaddis

I was using PP base with 1.3.5 and preparing to upgrade to PP 1.4. I "exported settings" and it saved the file as: PageLines-PlatformPro-Settings-20110517-1.dat.txt Is there a way to remedy this file in order to use these settings? Has anyone experienced this?

ricardo

Hi Dustin! I guess the browser just added the txt extension to it. If you remove the ".txt" from the name I don't see why it shouldn't work but you can test it on another location. Please note that you don't need to import your settings after updating your themes. Ricardo

dustinfaddis

Thanks Ricardo, I did try to rename it, but it did not work for me. I was uploading the settings from a previously saved version. I ended up doing a restore on the server, so I didn't need to make any changes. Thanks for your suggestion. Have you encountered that problem yourself?

dustinfaddis

Apparently for your suggestion to work, one must rename the file by removing the .txt. and then making the file a compressed .zip file. Thanks Ricardo!

dustinfaddis

No, thanks Catrina!

ricardo

Dustin, You're welcome but you have left me puzzled with that... can you please email me the original .txt file your browser downloaded? My email is r at mblz.me Thanks! Ricardo

dustinfaddis

Apparently, the export did not make the file a .zip file. So, "compressing" the text file after "changing the file name" enabled the file to be imported properly. @Ricardo, I've since deleted the file and cannot email you. It's all taken care of. Thanks for your help!