Sign in to follow this  
evert100

Excerpt post page images not shown

evert100

I like the platform pro very much. It has a lot of possibilities en good documentation. A problem to solve is: how can i get an image above my post showing in excerpt mode? I have 2 columns: main 580 en sb1 320 px. I wanrt to write posts with a full widt image, say 560 px. On the post page, where all posts are shown in excerpt mode, the full image is gone. On single post it's there. I tried to solve this through a big feature image, but that puts the text to the right! Instead of below. Any ideas, where to change some code? Thanx

ricardo

Hi Evert! If you are using featured image, you need to edit your template. Although you can do it with a hook, I think it's better for you to copy template.postloop.php from platformpro folder to platformbase and edit it to your liking. Ricardo

evert100

Hi Ricardo! Thanks for the reply. I prefer NOT using featured image, but to just insert an image with the width of the content column. What do i have to do to let the image show on the post list page, so with the excerpts of all the posts? Still putting this file in BAse? Is it the root of BAse by the way?. Thanks again for your time and effort. Evert

evert100

Ricardo, I looked in the template.postloop.php file. I know too little of php to manage this task. Any ideas? Evert

ricardo

If you don't want to use the featured image, then you don't need to mess with template.postloop.php In that case I would say that you should use the excerpt field to control the text and image displayed but that will prevent you from using the magazine layout. A word of advice: if by any chance you decide to change content's column or site's width later, you'll need to edit each image by hand. Ricardo

evert100

Thanx. How do I start with that? How can i approach "the excerpt field" for customation? Evert

catrina

The excerpt fields is located below the editor box in your post editor inside a section called Custom Fields. From there, you can add custom fields, delete them, edit them, and so forth. To become more familiar with how they work for WordPress, please see the documentation here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Fields

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

evert100

Thanx to other post issue resolved.