Sign in to follow this  
oxygenic

No padding between features, boxes and footer in IE8?

oxygenic

I'm setting a new site - nad so far everything's gone just fine. Except one thing. When I open my site in IE8 it doesnt look good at all. The spacing between featurearea, featureboxes and the more-footer are gone, and for some reason the searchbox in the footer has moved from the left side to the right?! Any clue on how I can get this to work in IE? I've attached screenshots so you can see the fault.VIrqJ.png If you want to have a look at my site it's here. (It's a separate wordpress installation I'm using for testing)

Andrew

wow, third IE problem I've seen today. From the looks of it you've got a tag that hasn't been closed in your feature area. Have you run a W3 validation on the page? Can you give us a live link to take a look?

oxygenic
Here's my site! Haven't run W3 validation yet. Will have to do that I guess, I don't have IE at home (I'm using a Mac with FF and Safari) so I can't see that fault myself now.

Andrew

just ran a validation; looks like you have an unclosed `div` tag somewhere.. that's most likely leading to your issue. Are you running FireBug?

oxygenic

Seriously - I must be blind?! Can't find what missing Div could cause that error in IE? It looks good in FF where I do have firebug, but in IE8 it's messed up... Would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction! Also - one interesting notice: the buttons 1-6 for selecting feature slide at the feature page is not shown when in IE8 (Of course it works with FF).

cmunns

Well if you're having issues with the slide buttons it leads me to believe the mysterious missing div is probably somewhere in your feature options setup. Take a look at each feature to make sure each tag is closed. Do you know if you might have erased any css .clear classes?

cmunns

Well if you're having issues with the slide buttons it leads me to believe the mysterious missing div is probably somewhere in your feature options setup. Take a look at each feature to make sure each tag is closed. Do you know if you might have erased any css .clear classes?

karengrovesdesignnet

Did anyone get this resolved? I'm having this issue in IE7 with the Highlight Page-Standard in iBlogPro. There is a missing > tag after the image insert, but as you can't edit the HTML code in WordPress, how do I fix this?

karengrovesdesignnet

Have a look at my other post to see if this resolves your issue: Topic 1730