Sign in to follow this  
petez

Adding Another Child Theme

petez

Hi all! Brand new to PageLines. I'm up and running using the Base child theme. I want to create different site looks for a client with the same basic content. Can I just change the name of the Base child theme .zip file, upload it, activate it, create the new look in the new child, then switch back and forth? Or do I have to change anything inside the new child theme CSS (which I don't have as much experience doing?) Thanks.

catrina
Can I just change the name of the Base child theme .zip file, upload it, activate it, create the new look in the new child, then switch back and forth? Or do I have to change anything inside the new child theme CSS (which I don't have as much experience doing?)
Re-naming the base child theme will affect the theme because it MUST be called "platformbase" and not anything else (even if you make a copy of it). You can make changes within the child theme CSS file (called base.css) and the functions.php file. You can read more about child base customization here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

petez

Thanks for the prompt reply, Catrina!