Sign in to follow this  
penny772

header not lining up

catrina

Is there currently any other CSS in your custom CSS area? If so, that might be causing the problem.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

penny772

Hi Catrina yeah this is all i have in there body{ #boxes h3 {text-align:center;} #pl_jewellery{border:/*#COCOCO*/} }

timlinson
body{ #boxes h3 {text-align:center;} #pl_jewellery{border:/*#COCOCO*/} }
Those rules aren't supposed to go inside the body, and your border value is commented out. `#boxes h3 {text-align:center;}` `#pl_jewellery{border:#COCOCO}` I'm not sure if that's the cause, but I would start there.

timlinson

You'll have to eliminate the content-pad padding and lower the width of the page: `.content-pad {padding:0 !important}` `.fixed_width #page, .fixed_width #footer, .canvas #page-canvas {width:1000px !important}` For the boxes, how are they being added? It's only the last row that's different. Is there something different about the last box set?

penny772

no tim i have done them all the same so Im a bit stumped on that one. is there anything that you need to see that can help?

penny772

hi tim tried that code it doesn't seem to work the header is still showing padding around it.

timlinson

Did you put it inside the #pl_jewellery rule? The new rules aren't showing up in the styling, and your #pl_jewellery is invalid now. None of these rules can be nested inside each other.

penny772

Hi tim I so appreciate your help on this. Heres what I have so far. body{} #boxes h3 {text-align:center;} #pl_jewellery{border:/*#COCOCO*/} .canvas #page-canvas {background-color: none;} .page-id-84 .eStore-fancy3 { border: 2px solid; padding: 20px; color: #COCOCO;} .content-pad {padding:0} .fixed_width #page, .fixed_width #footer, .canvas #page-canvas {width:1000px } my header has still run amok on me also. thank you x

cmunns

You only need to remove the padding from the branding element ` #branding .content-pad { padding: 0px; } `

penny772

hi Adam i have tried it and this is what i have http://latrobefineartgallery.com.au/ Would it be better for me to put the header transparent and make the background header be the actual header? I just want a continous header is there another way to do this?

catrina

Yes, I think that would be the better way. You just need to make sure that the background image is the size of the header area (1040x262).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse