Sign in to follow this  
emmymcleish

Change Header Link

emmymcleish

I need the main header to link to another page instead of the default home page. Read another post but it did not work, which part of the below an I replacing with the new URl? Thanks, function pagelines_main_logo(){ if(pagelines_option('pagelines_custom_logo')){ $site_logo = sprintf( '%s', home_url(), get_bloginfo('name'), esc_url(pagelines_option('pagelines_custom_logo')), get_bloginfo('name')); echo apply_filters('pagelines_site_logo', $site_logo); } else { $site_title = sprintf( '<div class="title-container">%s<h6 class="site-description subhead">%s</h6></div>', esc_url(home_url()), __('Home','pagelines'), get_bloginfo('name'), get_bloginfo('description'));

emmymcleish

I did not see that post so I will try that next. Thanks!

emmymcleish

Themes-platformbase-funtion.php-copy that code from the last posting of the above link-change the URL to mine and still nothing. Based on what I have done above, any ideas where I could be going wrong? Thanks

timlinson

PlatformBase is your active theme in Appearance > Themes? and can you post your site link?

emmymcleish

In the FTP I need to find appearance apparently, i will go look for it. web address under construction so code to see anything is 8522, thanks

timlinson
In the FTP I need to find appearance apparently
Not sure what you mean here. You can just go into wordpress admin dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes, and make sure your active theme is PlatformBase, not PlatformPro.

emmymcleish

OK, I was in the host FTP. Changed the theme to PlatformBase>Appearance-editor>theme functions>pasted code at bottom without success,see code below add_filter('pagelines_site_logo', 'my_header'); function my_header($header) { $header = sprintf('%s', 'http://northwestvalleyfanclub.com/local-businesses/promontional-gift-give-away/', get_bloginfo('name'), esc_url(pagelines_option('pagelines_custom_logo')), get_bloginfo('name')); return $header; } Thanks,

timlinson

That code looks wrong, but I think it's just because of the forum formatting. It sounds like you copy/pasted my code and only changed the url, which is the right way, so I'm not sure why it's not working. I just tested this again and it still works on my end: ` add_filter('pagelines_site_logo', 'my_header'); function my_header($header) { $header = sprintf('%s', 'http://northwestvalleyfanclub.com/local-businesses/promontional-gift-give-away/', get_bloginfo('name'), esc_url(pagelines_option('pagelines_custom_logo')), get_bloginfo('name')); return $header; ` `}`

If this still doesn't work for you, you can just change the theme file directly like your original question. You would replace both of the `home_url()` in the theme code with `'http://northwestvalleyfanclub.com/local-businesses/promontional-gift-give-away/'` (including the quotes) Make sure to backup the file beforehand.

emmymcleish

OK, success! Thank you for your time and patience. This time when I added the code to the Appearance-theme changed the documentation to filter. Don't know if that helped or if it was an entry error on my part.