Sign in to follow this  
xlawdog

Display tagline in Platform Pro

xlawdog

How do I display the tagline (as text) in Platform Pro? I know I can incorporate it in my logo, but I'd like to have it displayed as HTML text. I can't find an option to do that.

ricardo

Hi Brian! Where do you want to display it? It should appear automatically bellow your site's name. Ricardo

xlawdog

Hi Ricardo, I'd like it in the header, either under or to the right of my logo (not sure yet). When I look at the Platform Pro Global Options settings, it appears to me that I have to choose between using an image to display both the site name and description (like the default PageLines | Platform Pro logo) or using text for both, with no image. What I want is to use a logo image for the site name, with an HTML-based text description. Thanks. Brian

catrina

You can use a hook to place the tag line below the logo (or to the right of it). See an explanation about hooks here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme Once you decide on where you want to put the tagline, we can work from there.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

xlawdog

Hi Catrina, Thanks for your advice. I'm new to WordPress and I just installed Platform Pro. I was thinking that this would be an option within Platfrom Pro itself. From what you're saying it sounds like I first need to install the Base child theme and then work from there. Is that right? Brian

catrina

Yes, and you might already have it. You just need to activate it by going to Appearance > Themes.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

xlawdog

I have the Base child theme installed and I've read the information about using hooks. Would there be a recommended hook to use for this if I want to position my tagline to the right of the logo image? Maybe pagelines_after_branding?

kastelic

You could try it although pagelines_inside_bottom_branding or pagelines_inside_top_branding might work better. Its pretty easy just to change that part and try different ones. And you probably need to position it with CSS to get it just right.

xlawdog

Thanks, Jimmy, Catrina, and Ricardo. I got it working, thanks to your advice.