Sign in to follow this  
jgbr

image in bottom of post page content area

jgbr

Hi All This may sound incredible difficult but I am testing my site on a local server so can not post link. I want to add an image to the bottom of the content area on certain posts and pages. So essentially a picture that fades into white background of the content area but only on select pages/posts.

ricardo

Can't you add it in the post's content? Ricardo

jgbr

No , thats just adding a picture, I need it the width of the content area and to almost merge into it, unless you have a better idea. KDluo.png

jgbr

I want the photo to sit side to side, corner to corner of the bottom of the content box. so it alooks a part of the post.

ricardo

You can add it via css as the background of #theloop or to any of its divs like copy-pad or fpost. Might have some trouble though aligning it to the bottom of the div... The problem is activating or deactivating on demand. If it's just a few posts(pages, you can simply add the ID to the CSS list but if we're talking more, you should have something else, like a custom field in the post form. Ricardo

jgbr

That sounds insanely complicated and not sure where I would begin, not a custom css panel box add?

ricardo

Apart from:

#theloop { background: url('/path/to/yourimage.jpg') repeat-x bottom center);

there's nothing else we can give you here. It will depend on your site, your image, your layout, the effect you are trying to achieve, etc. Ricardo

jgbr

So my content area is 800 wide, ive cropped pics to 800px but how do i define what pictures i want on what random pages is it a matter of just adding custom css and defining what page? also it will need to 800 px wide, bottom (100) and middle (50). EDIT: this would work if you just added a picture via the post, however I can not get it to align right in the middle of the content area. grrr

catrina
is it a matter of just adding custom css and defining what page?
It's possible. You'll need to find the page IDs for those random pages where you want the images. Do you know how to find them?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse