Sign in to follow this  
adnanymous

Nav menu gone white.

adnanymous

Hi, the website is http://justgotours.com As I added a 'dropdown menu' to my site, the blue background is now covered with a myterious white... can you tell me why it happened and what can i do to remove the white color? Note: I am using this custom CSS to give the blue background to my nav menu: #primary-nav ul.main-nav { width: 740px; background: #104E8B; } Cheers!

ricardo

Hi Adnan! Have you tried changing the colors in your PlatformPro Settings > Design Control? Read the description to find out which element does each color affect. Ricardo

adnanymous

Hi Ricardo, Thanks for your reply, but I am still clueless. Which elements of design control do actually affect the menu bar? From their description, i frankly am not able to distinguish. Can you help? (I tried changing everything color that was white #ffffff in the entire design control but no luck.)

Kate

Hi Adnan, This is info from the "Design Control" page:

Page - Secondary Text Color Used In Subtitles, Widget Titles, Nav, Etc... Page - Tertiary Text Color Used In Navigation, Hover effects Primary Site Element Colors - Site elements are the basic contrast elements of your site. For example: selected navigation items, feature footer, blockquotes, etc...
Look for those items to modify.

adnanymous

Hi Kate, I did a trial n error with the elements you mentioned above, and got the menu to be working with a white background. But what i want to do is to have a blue background for the menu bar, and that's why i was using this custom code: #primary-nav ul.main-nav { width: 740px; background: #104E8B; } But now this code works no more. The nav menu bar remains white, with only a tiny bit of blue towards it's right. (See http://justgotours.com) But if i remove the 'dropdown' option, the menu becomes blue again. What's happening? Please help me out.

cmunns

`#primary-nav .sf-menu li {background:#104e8b;}`

adnanymous

Thanks Adam, that did the trick. Really appreciated!